Cold War walking tour in Berlin
- Learn about the history of the Cold War in Berlin
- Get a unique insight into what it meant to live behind the Berlin wall
- Hear the stories about successful and failed escape attempts from the GDR
- Admire the remarkable Alexanderplatz
Join a fascinating tour around Berlin and learn about the Cold War and life in the most policed state of the Eastern Block. Hear stories about espionage, intrigue, as well as stories about what it was like to live behind the Iron Curtain. Learn about the Stasi (East German State Security), their systems, spy-devices, and people that kept the entire East German population under surveillance for 40 years.
During this walking tour, you will learn about the history of divided Berlin and you will have a chance to see the Palace of Tears, which was a place of dramatic separation of family members and friends. Retrace the trail of the death strip and the Berlin Wall and stand before a guard tower.
Pass through Bernauer Strasse, where you will hear stories about successful and failed escapes and see the site of Tunnel 57 - the most successful escape tunnel under the Berlin Wall.
At the end of the tour, you will have a chance to admire iconic Alexanderplatz.
- 4-hour tour with English-speaking guide
- Free map of Berlin
- Public transportation tickets (a day pass for the AB zone is required: EUR 7)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
Child (0-12) only with a paying adult
Before April 2020: West Meeting Point: Hardenbergplatz, 10623 Berlin
From 1 April 2020: Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin
Before April 2020: In front of McDonald's, outside the main entrance to S+U Zoologischer Garten Train Station.
From 1 April 2020: Meet outside Friedrichstrasse train station, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears).
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure time, as latecomers will not be permitted to join the tour
- Remember about wearing comfortable shoes as the tour involves a lot of walking
- Tours suitable for all ages and incorporate a refreshment stop along the way
Tours run every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 10:00 AM
L'incredibile edificio neoclassico che ospite l'Altes Museum è stato costruito tra il 1823 e il 1830...
Goditi un concerto di musica classica presentato dalla Berlin Residence Orchestra nell’elegante e st...
In questo tour privato navigherai attraverso i parchi e le strade di Berlino su un Segway facile da ...
La East Side Gallery è un memoriale internazionale per la libertà nel cuore della capitale tedesca. ...
Scopri Berlino durante la serata in questo fantastico tour in Segway di 2 ore. Esplora la città su S...
Parti per una gita di mezza giornata da Berlino a Potsdam, una città ricca di monumenti notevoli e s...