Half day cheese market tour to Gouda or Alkmaar from Amsterdam
- Explore the historical scene of the famous Dutch Cheese markets in the well-known cities of Alkmaar or Gouda
- Learn about the history of cheese trade according to a centuries-old tradition
- Enjoy a brief walking tour through the city led by a professional guide
People from all over the world come to visit the Dutch cheese markets to find out how cheese is traded according to a centuries-old tradition. Watch the men in traditional clothing seal their bargains for the best cheeses by means of clapping hands. After the cheese market you’ll go into the city in search of the rich history accompanied by an informative, friendly and professional live guide. Join this tour on Thursday to the Cheese Market of Gouda or on Friday to the Cheese Market of Alkmaar and let yourself be surprised by the diversity of Dutch cheeses.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks
- Children aged 4-11: reduced
- Infants aged 0-3: free
THIS IS HOLLAND: Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet your guide at THIS IS HOLLAND. You can catch the 5-minute free ferry (towards Buiksloterweg) behind the central station to get here.
You can also join the tour at the Heineken Experience bus stop in Stadhouderskade 78, Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side. Please be advised that the bus leaves from this meeting point at 8.30am.
- This experience includes a walking tour. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- People with walking difficulties are not advised to take this tour
- Please make sure you arrive well in time at your chosen starting point. Due to traffic regulations in Amsterdam the tour buses are not allowed to stop for a long time at the meeting points
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Gouda: Every Thursday morning from 4 April to 29 August. Departure 9.00am
- Alkmaar: Every Friday morning from April 5 to 27 September. Departure 9.00am
The most famous painter of the Dutch Golden Age by far is Rembrandt van Rijn. The painter lived and ...
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
Feel like a local on your bike and discover the countryside North of Amsterdam! An experienced, frie...
On your Keukenhof flower fields and bulb farm day-trip from Amsterdam, the colors will enchant you a...
See all the highlights of Amsterdam then head out of the city to admire the spectacular Keukenhof fl...
Experience the enchanting and iconic tulip fields at their purest. You will enjoy a drive-it-yoursel...