- Discover of the charm of Holland's historical Zuiderzee region
- Visit the authentic open-air museum to walk among historical buildings and dwellings
- See historical boats on display in the Ships Hall that highlight the local fishing industry
- Enjoy a rotating display of modern Dutch exhibitions
For a look back in time, visit the Zuiderzee Museum in Enkhuizen to see, hear, taste and smell everyday life unfolded before the Afsluitdijk (IJsselmeer Barrier Dam) changed the sea into the IJsselmeer in 1932. The museum revives the stories of people who once lived on the shores of the Zuiderzee, focusing on the area’s past, present and future though through water-, craft- and community-centric themes.
The five-acre Open Air Museum, reachable via a 15-minute ferry ride, offers visitors a glimpse of more than 140 historical buildings while the Indoor Museum showcases thematic exhibitions.
Every day the open air museum offers at least 30 individual venues, activities and crafts such as cask, sail, rope and willow basket making areas, a blacksmith, fish smokehouse, a steam driven launderette and a 1920s household amongst others.
- Museum entry
- Special events
- Food and drinks
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced price
- Children 0-3 years old: free entry
Wierdijk 12 - 22, 1601 LA Enkhuizen, Netherlands
Zuiderzeemuseum – Holland Open Air Museum is located in the town of Enkhuizen. On the shores of the former Zuiderzee, just an hour from Amsterdam’s central station. (Wierdijk 12 - 22, 1601 LA Enkhuizen)
- Zuiderzee indoor museum is open every day all year from 10.00am to 5.00pm
- The outdoor museum is open every day from 30 March to 26 October 2019
Take advantage of a combination ticket including two of the most interesting attractions in Amsterda...
Experience Amsterdam from the water and see the best sights the city has to offer on a 75-minute can...
Amsterdam is best seen from the water, and on this 75-minute canal cruise you’ll experience the best...
Discover the highlights of Amsterdam at your own pace. Create your own itinerary and admire the city...
This combination offer saves you both time and money as you explore Amsterdam. Enjoy the scenery as ...
There is no better way to experience Amsterdam than from the water. Well maybe... if you add a reall...