Tickets for the Diocesan Museum in Cortona
- Discover extraordinary religious paintings and artifacts from Cortona and its diocese
- Admire the famous Annunciation by Fra Angelico and masterpieces by Luca Signorelli
- See the precious collection of liturgical furnishings and jewelry
Discover the extraordinary collection of religious art of the Diocesan Museum in Cortona, which houses masterpieces by Pietro Lorenzetti, Beato Angelico, Luca Signorelli, Giuseppe Maria Crespi and valuable artifacts dating from the 13th to the 19th century.
Set in the wonderful complex of the Church of Gesù, the Museum was founded after World War II to preserve precious works of sacred art from churches, convents and oratories in Cortona and its diocese.
Marvel at the famous altarpiece by Fra Angelico, the Annunciation, a masterpiece of early Renaissance Italian painting and one of the highlights of the collection together with nine panels by the Cortonese painter Luca Signorelli, which include the Lamentation over the Dead Christ.
Don't miss the collection of liturgical furnishings and jewelry attesting the ancient prestige of Cortona, such as the valuable Parato Passerini, an extraordinary vestment made for Cardinal Silvio Passerini based on designs by Raffaellino del Garbo and Andrea del Sarto.
- Admission to the Diocesan Museum of Cortona
- Access to temporary exhibitions
- Guided visit
- Child (6-12)
- Clergy members
Free entrance (to buy on site):
- Infant (0-5)
- Visitors with special needs and 1 companion (only ground floor)
- Licensed guides
- Residents in Cortona
Diocesan Museum of Cortona - Piazza del Duomo 1, 52044 Cortona AR, Italy
- Show a valid ID/certificate to prove the right to reduced or free admission
- Free tickets can only be purchased at the ticket office on site
- Only the ground floor is accessible for strollers and wheelchairs
- From April to October: every day 10.00am - 7.00pm
- From November to March: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- December 26 to January 6: every day 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time
Visit for the first time Podere di Pomaio green winery estate is simply a unique experience. In this...
During this 2.5-hour private tour your expert guide will take you through the most important and int...
L'ESPERIENZA PREVEDE:<li style="text-align: justify;">Degustazione 3 birre 20 cl cad. oppure 1 birra...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Arezzo r...
Book a private lunch or dinner in Arezzo, attend the show cooking and discover the flavors of real h...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...