Assisi guided tour for small groups
- Learn the long history behind Italy's most famous pilgrimage site
- Admire the church's amazing art collection, including paintings by Giotto and Lorenzetti
- Pay tribute to the town's famous patron saint at the Basilica of Saint Francis
Discover Assisi’s rich history on a private 3-hour walking tour. Stroll through the charming squares and narrow streets of the old town and learn about the city’s multilayered past, as you view ancient Roman ruins and medieval buildings. Stop as often as you like and enjoy the personalized attention of a private guide.
Located on a gentle hill beneath the summit of Monte Subasio, the fabled Umbrian town of Assisi is the most famous pilgrimage site in Italy, a consequence of being the birthplace of Saint Francis. Stroll the maze of medieval streets and discover all facets of Assisi stopping to pay particular attention to the Basilica of Santa Chiara, dedicated to the founder of the Order of Poor Ladies, and the papal Basilica of Saint Francis, built between 1228 and 1253. Now home to the consecrated remains of the saint, the stunning monument has an amazing art collection, including frescoes and paintings by Cimabue, Giotto, Lorenzetti and many others.
- Professional tour guide
- Basilica of Saint Francis entrance fees: 2,50 euros per person
- Child (6-12)
- Infant (0-5): free
Piazza Giacomo Matteotti, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Matteotti parking, in front of the ticket office.
- Minimum number of participants required: 2 people. The tour will not take place if it does not reach the minimum number of participants. If this happens you’ll be offered an alternative date for your booking or a complete refund
- Access to places of worship requires suitable clothing: shorts, bare shoulders, sandals, hats and sunglasses are not allowed
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10.30am
A "must do" when you visit Assisi is seeing the beautiful Basilica of St. Francis, built in the XIII...
Thanks to this course you will be able to discover the work, the commitment and the passion that are...
Take part in this tasting and sample the most particular combinations of wines and cheeses, honey an...
Enjoy a relaxing carriage tour among vineyards and a tasting experience at a bio winery in the heart...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...