Food, wine and cava walking tour in Barcelona with professional sommelier
- Enjoy your time as the locals do!
- Join a complete food and wine journey through different regions of Spain on a small-group walking tour
- Make the most of your time and discover two off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods that are changing the habits of the locals on the famous “tapear” life-style
Meet your guide in Poble Sec, a cozy neighborhood well known by locals for its great variety of pintxos, a food tradition from Northern Spain.
- First stop: begin your culinary journey discovering a friendly bar that fusions the Mediterranean food heritage with creative new flavors. Enjoy these tastings with world-renowned Spanish champagne, called Cava. The hints of sparkling pear and lime from the Cava produces a beautiful pairing with the myriad of flavours found on this local gem spot. In just a few steps, you'll move from Northern to Southern Spain to try one of the most popular tapas, the famous patatas bravas; these spicy potatoes are the best proofs of our Moorish heritage, showing a delicious combination of spices.
- Second stop: feel the refreshing acidity and the green fruit flavors of local Macabeo grape varietal. These grapes will transport you to where they were grown, to the cooler vineyards in the Pyrenees mountains. Your food journey across Spain continues in a short walk to the Sant Antoni neighbourhood, one of the current culinary hot spots districts of Barcelona. Along the way, take the chance to marvel at the recently refurbished Mercat de Sant Antoni, a beautiful food and flea market which dates back to the Roman era of Barcelona.
- Third stop: taste Valencian cuisine in a modern restaurant where the menu follows the seasonal availability of ingredients. Expect great flavours paired in complete harmony with the world-recognized wine-growing region, La Rioja. Taste a robust full-bodied Tempranillo, a red wine with hints of bright cherries and strawberries, notes of vanilla-oak and sweet-spices.
- Fourth stop: discover another real treat, a beautiful and typical Spanish-styled bodega, where locals were used to buy wine directly from the barrel and which nowadays is the meeting point for all wine lovers. Try Catalan food, with a selection of regional charcuterie, joined with the famous “Pan amb tomaquet”, a tomato-based toast with genuine olive oil. Combine it with a full-bodied red wine from Ribera del Duero, a region where the extreme climatic conditions and a silty soil creates a robust, higher alcoholic and fuller-bodied wines.
- Final stop: your round trip across Spain ends with the stop at a local place where you can cheer with a glass of Sherry, a millennial sweet wine coming from the southern city of Jerez. In over 3.000 years, this wine has travelled from Lebanon to Greece to put strong roots in southern Spain. Taste smooth notes of fig, coffee, dried fruits and nuts enriched by a typical Catalan cheese, a soft cheese served with honey.
- Professional sommelier
- 3-hour walking tour of Sant Antoni & Poble Sec
- Full meal including local tapas, wines and dessert
- Wines: 2017 Macabeo, 2017 Cava Brut Nature, 2015 La Rioja Tempranillo Crianza, 2015 Ribera del Duero Tinto Fino, 2015 Jerez Sherry
- Tastings of 3 pintxos of your choice among spicy potatoes dish (patatas bravas), Valencian seasonal dishes, Iberian charcuterie plate, toasted bread with tomato (Catalan bread), typical Catalan cheese as dessert
- Additional food or beverage
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (0-5 years old): free
Carrer de Vila i Vilà, 99, 08004 Barcelona
- In order to ensure a personalized experience, the maximum number of people per tour is 12
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years, non-alcoholic beverages options available
- If you have any food allergy or dietary restrictions, please let your local operator know. You will find the contact on the voucher after booking
- Vegetarians and gluten-free menu options are available upon request
- Route, food and wines are subject to seasonal variations, similar alternatives will be provided
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- We suggest to have a light lunch before the tour, the sum of all the tastings will equal to a full meal
- Every day at 3:30 pm
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
Saturday night. Well, it can be one for the books. And you are about to choose La Terrrazza to get t...
This is NOT a regular friday night at La Terrrazza. Yes, you will get open air, Montjuïc nature & gr...
Space Music Garden present his Wednesday party at Ethniko Barcelona. A nightclub just in front of th...
Prepare your senses, your mind and your body for tonight! The best Fridays night in town take place ...
(ESP) Jackies despide su última fecha de este 2019 en LaTerrrazza Barcelona. El club #openair por ex...