Bode Museum skip-the-line tickets
- Be fascinated by Late Antique and Byzantine Art
- Marvel at the masterpieces of the sculpture collection
- Learn more about coins from different epochs of history
The Bode Museum, first inaugurated in 1904 with the name of the Kaiser Friedrich-Museum in honor of the emperor Friedrich the III, was given the name it now holds in 1956, in honor of its first curator known for his creative exhibitions, mixing the pieces and historical periods, creating displays by using his own themes.
The building was designed by Ernst von Ihne and appears to be emerging directly from the Spree River. It was greatly damaged during the war and restoring it back to its original beauty took many years. A serious renovation started in 1997 and continued well into the new millennium.
Today the museum’s sculpture collection features great pieces of art from the Christian Orient, sculptures and pieces from the Middle Ages, art from the Italian Gothic era and the early Renaissance, just to name a few of the museum’s featured displays.
A Numismatic collection was opened to the public in 2004, on the 100th anniversary of the museum’s inauguration, and is to this day one of the world’s biggest and best known coin collections.
- Skip-the-line entrance to Bode Museum
- Students: reduced
- Disabled: reduced
- Children and youth (0-17 years): free
- Note: Under-18s require a ticket even though entrance is free
- For all kinds of reduction, please show a valid document
Am Kupfergraben, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Please note: the ticket is non-refundable
- Every day except Monday from 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Thursday from 10.00am to 8.00pm
- On public holidays sometimes reduced opening hours; closed on 31 December
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
Learn more about the final battle in Berlin, World War II, Soviet Berlin, the Berlin Wall and urban ...
Learn more about the final battle for Berlin, the arrival of the Soviets in Berlin, the Cold War, th...
Enjoy a private history tour in the center of Berlin about the final offensive in WWII. This guided ...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...