You think Berlin’s all about Brandenburg Gate, WWII and currywurst? Well, it is, but there’s so much more! Take in the unique underground scene of Berlin, from amazing street art and great local stories to cool neighborhoods and alternative vibes. See the city through the eyes of a local and experience the lifestyle they’re all used to.
On this tour you’ll go to the hippest streets around the city and alternative spots known only by locals. Dive in the local lifestyle while enjoying a good German beer and urban art sights.
Start at the Hackescher Markt, the heart of local cafes and head to a unique art courtyard loved by contemporary artists. Hear about how this place survived against all odds and get insights into the alternative messages of the art pieces here.
Continue with more local stories about the neighborhoods of Berlin and stop by the Pink Man, an impressive grafitti done by the famous Blu. Learn about his protest against the “gentrification” of the town’s alternative side and other ethical projects he’s involved in.
Explore the Urban Spree unvierse in a hip “beer-garden” and see how most Berliners enjoy their evenings. Go pass the East Side Gallery, where artists from all around the world painted on the remains of the Berlin Wall, a symbol of freedom.
Stop at the smallest cinema in town, popular for its international movies and 70’s flair. End your tour by the Boxhagener Platz, a great place to relax and enjoy some more local urban vibes.
The best part? You’ll find out all about the amazing contemporary artists and discover how the city’s alternative side is changing everyday.
This is the plan:
- Stop 1 - Haus Schwarzenberg - get amazed by the free space for creative and utopias, unique decadent courtyard in the middle of a shopping area
- Stop 2 - Kottbusser Tor - explore the heart of Kreuzberg neighborhood, a very hot spot for the night life, protests and political events
- Stop 3 - Gorlitzer Park (warm season) - get the vibe of the coolest park of the city // Bethanien Art Gallery (cold season) - get to see an alternative space, home to contemporary artists
- Stop 4 - “Schlesi” tower - how locals call it, the bank-border that once was the border between East and West
- Stop 5 - Leviathan by Blu - get to see the art and hear the amazing story of an international graffitti artist
- Stop 6 - Oberbaumbrücke - enjoy the Disney like architecture of one of the oldest bridges that used to separate the West from the East
- Stop 7 - East Side Gallery - get inspired by the street art created by artists from all over the world on one of the largest pieces of the old Berlin wall
- Stop 8 - Urban Spree - emerge into a very big, artistic, cultural center dedicated to urban art
- Stop 9 - RAW Tempel - explore one of the most important social-cultural centre of the town
- Stop 10 - Intimes Kino - get a glimpse of the smallest cinema in Berlin, and the art that surrounds it