Budapest Christmas market tour with basilica visit and wine tasting
- Visit two lively and colorful Christmas market areas
- Enjoy a hot mulled wine, chimney cake and 3 Hungarian wines
- Explore St Stephen’s Basilica and see the illuminated inner Pest sights
- Get to know the tales of Hungarian Christmas culture
Get the local’s point of view on the Christmas traditions and culture while seeing some of Budapest’s best inner city sights.
Your guide will walk you through two Christmas markets showing you Hungarian handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. Along the way, you’ll see the Opera House, Andrassy Blvd with option to see the holiday decorations inside and illuminated on the square. Your guide will show you around inside St Stephen’s Basilica whenever it is open for public visiting. Besides a great intro tour to the city you’ll be treated to a three tier wine tasting in a nice restaurant and get the chance to relax a bit while sipping away famous wines from Hungary.
At the end of the tour your guide invites you to a hot wine and then leaves you in the biggest Christmas market on Vorosmarty Square to explore and do some holiday shopping. Also off this square is the famous Vaci Street and Budapest’s Fashion Street where many shops can be found for more traditional shopping.
- English speaking guide
- 3 tier wine tastings
- 1 mulled wine and chimney cake
- Visit to St Stephen’s Basilica
- Transfer from/to your hotel
- Tips/gratuities (optional)
- 0-2 years: free
- 3-12 years: reduced
Lázár utca 16, 1065 Budapest, Hungary
Your guide is waiting for you at the Absolute Tour Center, just behind the Opera House - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16.
- Guests under the age of 18 years can not participate at the wine tasting. Instead there will be soft drinks or an alcohol-free hot drink provided
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2.5 hours
Daily from 1 till 30 December 2019 at 2.30pm
Except 24, 25, 26 December
Duration: 2-2.5 hours
Experience Budapest to the full extent! Enjoy a cozy organ concert in one of the most beautiful neo-...
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show...
Dive into the nightlife of Budapest in a fascinating way, on board of a river cruise by night that t...
Get on the culinary side of Budapest have an up-close look at the most important icon of the city be...
Enjoy a convenient private transfer to or from your hotel in Budapest in an air-conditioned vehicle ...
Each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes, this isn't part of your tour time. Le...