See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes through an expert historical commentary and personal family stories.
The tour includes seeing parts of both inner Pest and inner Buda, transportation between the two and a drink at the end of the tour in a cult cafe that hasn't changed much since the 1960s.
The aim is to show you the real modern history of Hungary. The historical perspective, cultural background through the personal and family stories arriving until today on how Communism affected locals' lives: the good, the bad and the ugly too. Get ready for an honest, in-depth experience where all questions are welcome!
You will take a stroll on both Pest and Buda sides and a subway in between. Highlights include:
- getting to know Hungary's major happenings from a historian from the Second World War
- personal family stories
- Liberty square with its controversial memorials & US embassy
- 1956 memorials
- the Parliament and its surrounding sights
- lesser-known sights and areas connected to the 1956 revolution
- a drink in a cult pub from 1960s