Danube bend excursion from Budapest
- Learn about the history of Hungary visiting its villages
- Visit the largest basilica in Hungary, Esztergom
- Walk upon 750 year-old stones of the formal Royal Residence
- Drift along the Danube River as you return to Budapest by boat
Visit Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre, the three most beautiful cities in the Danube Bend. Enjoy the picturesque sights in all settlements and get acquainted with the Hungarian history along the "Blue Danube". Have an unforgettable boat tour back to BudapestDanube Bend – an excursion into Hungary's history. This is an unforgettable tour along the "Blue Danube" with stops in Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre.
Esztergom: It used to be the capital of Hungary and is still the centre of the Catholic Church. You will visit the largest cathedral of Hungary (also burial place of famous cardinals, like Primate József Mindszenty). Afterwards, drive across the river to Slovakia and enjoy the view over the Basilica.
Visegrád: After the Mongol invasion a new fortification was constructed here in the mid-13th century. The top of the hill offers a fascinating panorama on the Danube valley. After enjoying the view there is an opportunity to have lunch (not included in the price).
Szentendre: It is a small baroque city built on medieval ruins, located at the gate of the Danube Bend. The town is considered to be the Artists' Village or the Painters' Town. You will walk around the historical centre and enjoy the cobblestoned narrow streets as well as the baroque houses. After the guided tour you can also visit some museums (for example the famous Margit Kovács Ceramic Museum or the Confectionery Museum with marzipan figures). During summer (May-September) this tour returns to Budapest by boat. The tour ends in the city centre (pier).
- Professional tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat ride (Szentendre – Budapest; between May - September)
- Entrance to panorama terrace
- Entrance fees to museums
- Children (0-12 years): reduced
CITYRAMA/GRAYLINE Tourist Information, Báthory utca 19, 1054 Budapest
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the departure at the meeting point
- Boat service between Szentendre and Budapest is available from May to September. In case of low water and during winter time you will return to Budapest by bus
- April - October: daily (except Monday) at 9:00am
- November - March: Thursday and Saturday at 9:00am
There’s no better way to explore the beauty of Budapest than cruising on the Danube while having a c...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local m...
Get on the culinary side of Budapest have an up-close look at the most important icon of the city be...
See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes thr...
Discover the Jewish heritage of Budapest with a passionate guide.Explore one of the most popular are...