Jewish heritage tour in Budapest
- Visit the Dohány Street Synagogue, the largest operating synagogue in Europe
- Learn about the fascinating history of Jewish culture and life in Budapest
- Get in-depth knowledge and insights about the history and culture of Hungarian Jews
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show of its religious, artistic and historical background with a tangible heritage.
This Jewish heritage tour is for those people, who want to get an intimate tour revolving around the Hungarian Jewish culture and the incredible amount of Jewish heritage that Budapest has to offer. Your tour guide will lead you through the most important and exciting parts of the Jewish district, allowing you to get insights into the Jewish way of life and culture of Budapest. You will also have a good chance to have conversations and be informed by your professional local guide who knows a lot about Hungary's history, including their own personal experiences.
To fit your needs different types of Jewish Heritage Tours are available:
Duration: 2.5 hours long
- Jewish Museum with local guiding where you get acquainted with the Hungarian Jewish heritage through a unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. A separate room commemorates the Holocaust in Hungary.
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue which is the largest operating synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world.
- Martyrs’ Cemetery
- Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- Tree of Life Memorial
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre where you can visit the Family Research Center
Duration: 4.5 hours long
All stops of the Essential tour then:
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park dedicated to the Swiss diplomat who is also known as Hungary’s Schindler
- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarter
- Interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
At the end of the tour (or in the break), you can enjoy a cake in a confectionery.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Meals and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
Budapest, Dohány u. 2, 1074 Hungary
Meet your guide in front of the Dohany Street Synagouge 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- Feel free to share your preferences with your guide and to ask for stops you are interested in, and they will create the prefect experience for you
- Fridays and Sundays at 10.00am
- Tour does not operate on the days when the Synagogues are closed from visitors
Dive into the nightlife of Budapest in a fascinating way, on board of a river cruise by night that t...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local m...
The oldest part of Budapest, Castle Hill, is yours to explore on this walking tour! The area has nar...
See the beautiful city center of Budapest on an interactive segway tour in a small group that gives ...
Enjoy an authentic experience in one of Budapest’s world famous thermal SPAs!Since its construction ...
At night Budapest has a completely different touch, turning into a romantic, warmly illuminated town...
Have an up-close look at the most important icon of Budapest before embarking on a drink cruise acro...
Many people know that Hungary is a country blessed with an abundance of thermal springs. But only fe...
With its 21 pools, Széchenyi Spa is the largest thermal bath complex in Budapest and one of the larg...
Charge yourself up with a day of well-being and a brunch at Rudas Bath, where you will relax and enj...