Best of Florence: walking tour in small group with skip-the-line tickets to David and the Duomo
- Skip the line into the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo's David
- Learn more about Florence's world-famous Duomo (from the outside) and the Gates of Paradise
- See the Piazza della Repubblica and the famous Ponte Vecchio
- Learn Florence's history with an expert, English-speaking local guide
Florence is packed full of world-famous sites and this Best of Florence Tour is designed to let you see them all (and learn the stories behind them) in a single morning.
We’ll start by skipping the line at the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David, as well as his partially-finished Slaves; for a unique insight into how he turned jagged rock into the beautiful, lifelike figures of his sculptures. You’ll also hear stories of Leonardo Da Vinci and the powerful Medici family whose patronage made Florence one of the hot beds of the Renaissance art world.
Next you’ll head to another stone structure that changed world history - Florence Duomo. As you admire the Dome from outside you’ll hear the story of how its architect Brunelleschi recovered lost knowledge and expanded the realm of what was deemed humanly possible all in his pursuit of building it.
After the Duomo you’ll take to the streets to see some of Florence’s iconic landmarks including the titanic Palazzo Vecchio, the statues of the Orsanmichele church, the Pizza della Repubblica and Piazza della Signoria, the Porcellino pig (rub his nose for good luck!) and of course, Italy’s most picturesque bridge, the Ponte Vecchio.
As you walk the sites will come to life with the stories told by your expert, English speaking guide. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have plenty of time to ask questions and learn about the incredible history of this unforgettable city from the ground up.
- Michelangelo’s David and Slaves in the Accademia
- Ponte Vecchio
- Baptistery Doors and Gates of Pradise
- Piazza della Signoria
- Palazzo Vecchio (from outside)
- Orsanmichele Church (from outside)
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Guided Florence walking tour
- Skip the line tickets to Florence Accademia (David)
- Small groups of max 15
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza San Marco, 50121 Firenze FI
Meeting Point: In Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square.
Meeting Point Directions: this is a centrally-located square adjacent to Via degli Arazzieri and Via Giorgio la Pira, about 1/3 mile north of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- 8.15am (January & February)
- 8.30am (May to October)
- 1.45pm (March to October)
Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
See the masterpieces of Michelangelo: the David, Prigioni, Pietà di Palestrina, San Matteo with this...
Experience Florence in a way that you'll never forget! Taste the best products from every corner of ...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year (on 2nd July and 16th August) in Piazza del Campo...
Inspired by the world-renowned ‘Three Tenors’ of Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carrera...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...