Florence Biennale - International Exhibition of Contemporary Art and Design
- Visit the major contemporary art exhibition in Florence, an outstanding showcase of international contemporary art and design production.
- Discover the cognitive and creative approach of Leonardo da Vinci, the great master of the Renaissance who is regarded as an unsurpassed genius. In particular, the theme of the XIIth Florence Biennale will focus on Leonardo’s multifaceted being.
- The Florence Biennale has engaged in design, thus broadened their horizons: a new insight into that fascinating world will be offered in a dedicated pavilion within the framework of the XIIth edition of the International Contemporary Art Biennial of Florence.
The twelfth edition of Florence Biennale will present an international exhibition of contemporary art (ground floor) and a design exhibition (attic floor) at the Spadolini Pavilion of the Fortezza da Basso in Florence.
In addition to the exhibition, Florence Biennale will present a programme of collateral events such as conferences, displays, performances, workshops and lectures. All this with a view to offer artists and their audience the opportunity to engage with art and culture, and know more about the theme “Ars & Ingenium. Toward Leonardo da Vinci’s Legacy of Similitude and Invention”.
The International “Lorenzo Il Magnifico” lifetime achievement awards: Refik Anadol and Gustavo Aceves. The “Lorenzo Il Magnifico” special award from the President: Anthony Howe and Mice Jankulovski. The International “Leonardo da Vinci” lifetime achievement awards: Wanda and Salvatore Ferragamo (in memoriam), Elsa Peretti (Tiffany&co.) and Paula Scher (Pentagram).
An International jury composed of distinguished personalities from the art and design world will confer the “Lorenzo il Magnifico” award to the best exhibiting artists and the “Leonardo da Vinci” award to the best exhibiting designers for their works on show.
- Free tour of the art pavilion
- Free tour of the design pavilion
- Guided tour of the pavilions
- University students (with a membership card or document attesting enrolment)
- Children (7 - 18 years)
- Over 65
- Touring Club Italia Members
- ATAF&LI-NEA and BusItalia users (holders of ONE TUSCANY loaded with ataf&li-nea travel ticket, holders of a paper subscription, holders of a 10x90' carnet, holders of an obliterated ticket during the day, ATAF and BUSINESS employees with company badges)
- Trenitalia: 2x1 to all CartaFreccia customers in possession of Le Frecce ticket with destination Florence, with travel date prior to maximum 3 days exhibition visit date. Reduced ticket for singles travelers in possession of Le Frecce ticket to Florence with travel date prior to maximum 3 days exhibition visit date; reduced to travelers in possession of a simple regional or supraregional Trenitalia ticket, valid for the same day of access to the Biennale, useful to reach Florence
- Holders of admission tickets to affiliated institutions, purchased on the dates of the exhibition (18-27 October 2019): Palazzo Strozzi, Zeffirelli Foundation, Museo del Tessuto di Prato, Museo Galileo, Museo da Vinci (di Vinci), Museo Ferragamo, Gucci Garden
Viale Filippo Strozzi, 1, 50129 Florence, Italy
Fortezza da Basso - Spadolini Pavilion
- Please come to the ticket office to get your ticket
- In case of reduced ticket, it is necessary to provide documents testifying the reduction's validity
From 18 to 27 October 2019
- 18/10, h. 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 19/10, h. 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- 20/10, h. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 21/10, h. 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 22/10, h. 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 23/10, h. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 24/10, h. 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- 25/10, h. 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- 26/10, h. 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- 27/10, h. 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
The twelfth edition of Florence Biennale will present an international exhibition of contemporary ar...
Benefit from skip-the-line tickets to the Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence and visit one of the m...
Don't miss the chance to visit the most important museums in Florence with a single ticket! Visit Uf...
The museums included in this ticket are: - the Porcelain Museum - the Boboli Gardens - the Bardini G...
Palazzo Pitti is one of Florence’s biggest museum. It is a powerful looking,13th century building th...
The museum of the Medici Chapels is found in the Basilica di San Lorenzo, one of Florence’s biggest ...
While visiting Florence you will want to stop by the 13th century Dominican Monastery of San Marco. ...
Over 500 years ago, Leonardo da Vinci designed flying machines, robots, submarines, an underwater br...
Visit the fascinating Leonardo da Vinci Museum combined with your 24 or 48-hour Florence City Sights...
Florence is one of Italy’s most accessible cities but it’s also full of hidden gems and unexpected n...