Florence Cathedral and Baptistery with Matroneum guided visit
- Experience the Byzantine mosaics and splendid marble floor of the Baptistery
- Explore the Cathedral with this guided tour
- Sample wine, cheese, and balsamic vinegar
- Visit Giotto's bell tower, and the crypt of Santa Reparata
Tour with exclusive visit and 72h ticket to the Duomo complex: Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell tower and Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (except the Brunelleschi’s Dome).
Travel back in time and experience the beauty firsthand of the oldest monument in Florence's Cathedral complex: the Baptistery. Here you'll be able to admire the Romanesque architecture and learn about its secrets from an experienced professional guide.
You'll start your guided tour with a video describing the creation and evolution of the Cathedral and its complex. Special images and reconstructions will come to life as your official guide will take you up to the Matroneum, a raised gallery once reserved for women only. From this lofty view you'll be able to gaze upon the splendid mosaics and stunning marble floor of the Baptistery.
Your guide will also take you through the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, giving you the chance to marvel at the beautiful art and restorations of this structural masterpiece.
When your tour is over, you are invited to sample some pleasant Chianti wine with a delectable bite of cheese and balsamic vinegar. The visit doesn't stop there. Your ticket will also grant you access to other structures in the Cathedral complex. On your own you can visit the crypt of St. Reparata, and Giotto's bell tower. The Renaissance is yours to explore!
At the end of your visit, a few steps from the Cathedral square, you will be offered a delicious taste of Chianti wine and tidbits of cheese with balsamic vinegar.
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance
- Guide authorized by Opera Santa Maria del Fiore
- 72h entrance ticket for the Cathedral complex monuments
- Taste of Chianti wine, cheese and balsamic vinegar
- Access to the dome
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
- Children 6-11 years old: reduced price
Piazza di San Giovanni, 19red, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
In front of the Scudieri Cafè. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure.
- From November to March at 03:45pm
- From April to October at 04:15pm
- Access to places of worship is allowed only if equipped with suitable clothing: it is forbidden the entry with shorts, bare shoulders, sandals, hats and sunglasses. Access to the Dome, the Campanile and the Museum is not allowed with bulky bags and backpacks.
- Every Monday
- From November to March at 4.00pm
- From April to October at 04:30pm
See the masterpieces of Michelangelo: the David, Prigioni, Pietà di Palestrina, San Matteo with this...
Experience Florence in a way that you'll never forget! Taste the best products from every corner of ...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year (on 2nd July and 16th August) in Piazza del Campo...
Inspired by the world-renowned ‘Three Tenors’ of Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carrera...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...