Florence Medici tour with tickets to Boboli Gardens
- Find out who lay the foundations of the Renaissance in Florence
- Listen the history, secrets and anecdotes regarding the Medici dynasty
- Discover from the outside the Vasari Corridor, a secret and comfortable corridor used by the Medici
- Visit on your own the Boboli Gardens, the Porcelain Museum and the Bardini Gardens
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile over a UNESCO World Heritage area: a mile with the highest concentration in the world of wonderful monuments and open-air works of art! Led by a professional local guide, it will be possible to discover the most important sights of the city, retracing the fascinating history of the Medici dynasty who put their power and wealth at the service of patronage and art, laying the foundations of Renaissance.
You'll learn stories and anecdotes of intrigues, power struggles, secrets and betrayals, but also tales of incredible foresight, which made it possible to leave to the city a priceless artistic and cultural heritage site. You'll be able to admire the palaces, monuments, streets and squares where the members of the Medici family lived and used their political and economic power over the city. You'll walk along the same narrow streets where they walked, touch the stones used to build their residences and see the same monuments that they were used to see every day. Palazzo Medici Riccardi, their first residence in San Lorenzo district, is where you can find their church and mausoleum: the Medici Chapels.
A few steps away, you'll reach their second residence, magnificent cathedral with its imposing Brunelleschi’s Dome and the stunning Palazzo Vecchio, which dominates the marvelous Piazza della Signoria. Further on you'll follow the path of the Varasi Corridor, a spectacular elevated passageway which connects the two banks of the river Arno passing along the enchanting Ponte Vecchio and crossing houses and Santa Felicita Church. The church was used as a secret and comfortable corridor by the Medici Grand Dukes of Tuscany to move between their third residence, the Palazzo Pitti, to their offices located inside the Palazzo Vecchio, without being seen by the citizens.
The majestic Pitti Palace, which hides the marvelous Boboli Gardens, is the last Florentine residence of the Medici and is also the last stage of your incredible journey into the art and history of a city unique in the world! In addition to the tour, you'll be given an entrance ticket to visit the Boboli Gardens, Porcelain Museum and Bardini Gardens to explore for yourselves!
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance at the meeting point
- 2-hour guided visit
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants
- Boboli Gardens, Porcelain Museum and Bardini Gardens entrance ticket and booking fee
- Meals or beverage
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 0-6 years old: free of charge
- Children 7-18 years old: reduced fee
Piazza di San Lorenzo, 50123 Florence
Please meet your guide at the statue in the middle of the square.
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- The tour requires a minimum of participants to be activated. In case the minimum is not met, you will be offered an alternative tour or full refund
- April - October: Tuesday to Sunday at 9.30am (except on the 1st Sunday of the month)
- November - March: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 9.30am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departure
The museums included in this ticket are: - the Porcelain Museum - the Boboli Gardens - the Bardini G...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile through a UNESCO World Heritage ...
With over 1.5 million annual visitors and over 2,200 works on show, the Uffizi can be a hectic exper...
Take the chance to discover in complete freedom the most important sights of Florence and the marvel...
Experience the exciting discovery of the places and paths of Palazzo Vecchio that are not accessible...
Welcome to Palazzo Pitti! Choose to have a courtly experience with this group tour and discover the ...
The Accademia Gallery is one of the most visited museums in the world because of the magnificent Dav...
The Uffizi Gallery is one of the most famous museums in the world, and it is housed in the former “o...
Join this 3-hours tour and discover with your guide the hidden secrets about Accademia Gallery.You w...
Siena is a pearl in the Tuscan countryside, steel rich of ancient castles that show how life was goi...