Oltrarno tour - Art and Artcrafts
- Admire the masterpieces by Filippo Brunelleschi
- Stop at the silk manufacturing
- Discover the Brancacci chapel
'Oltrarno' the part of Florence on the left side of the river Arno where it is possible to experience the soul of the city and get in touch with “the initiators of the Renaissance”.
This tour will allow you to discover the 'Oltrarno', the part of Florence on the left side of the river Arno where it is possible to experience the soul of the city and get in touch with “the initiators of the Renaissance”, Brunelleschi and Masaccio.
Florence is considered the cradle of the Renaissance because of the cultural texture of its society, which saw a fusion of artists, merchants, humanists and scientists; for this reason we will see masterpieces of paintings and architecture as well as artcraft works.
• Silk Manufacturing: One of the last workshops for silk manufacturing in the world that still uses a warping machine designed by Leonardo da Vinci
• Sculpture studio: An authentic sculpture studio where the same family has been making sculptures for two centuries
• The Brancacci chapel: A real jewel box where you will admire in the frescoes the transition from Gothic to Renaissance
• Santo Spirito church: A masterpiece by Filippo Brunelleschi, the founding father of the Renaissance
• A marbling paper Demonstration: An ancient technique of the Middle Ages that continues to fascinate craft lovers
- Entry to museums, churches and workshops
- Guided visits
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli 8, 50123 FIRENZE
Slow Tour Tuscany
- Max. 10 people per group
- A minimum of 2 people is required to activate the tour
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- At 9.00am
Visit the best of Florence in less than two hours: the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptist...
This Accademia and Uffizi Galleries guided visit will take you through two of the city's best-known ...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...