Perfume masterclass: a sensory experience in Florence
- Enjoy the magical atmosphere of an ancient perfume laboratory
- Learn the techniques and secrets of the Florentine alchemical tradition
- Take home your own bottle of personalized perfume (50 ml), complete with formula!
Meet your Master Perfumer at the historical perfumery and laboratory Antica Spezieria San Simone and learn the techniques and the secrets of the historical Florentine alchemical tradition!
The lesson will take place in an ancient, evocative workshop. In centuries of experience, this historic lab has mixed the scientific knowledge of medical care together with the empirical knowledge of the healing properties of herbs, flowers and fruits.
You will relive the magical atmosphere of alchemists and apothecaries residing in Florence during the Renaissance period, surrounded by unique glassware, ampules and rare essences.
Following the historical footprints of Catherine de Medici and René le Florentine, your Master Perfumer will guide you through the process which will ultimately lead to the creation of your unique, custom-made perfume!
At the end of the workshop, you will be rewarded with a 50 ml bottle of your own personalized perfume. Each participant will also receive a certificate as a memory of the day. Don't miss this truly unique and authentic experience!
- Visit to Antica Spezieria Erboristeria San Simone store and artisanal laboratory
- Introduction to the history of perfumery in Florence
- Creation of a personal fragrance from a kit of essences
- 50 ml of your own personalized perfume
- Coffee break (complimentary coffee, tea or water)
- Infant (0-3): free
- Child (4-12): 50% discount
Via Ghibellina 190/R, 50122 Florence FI, Italy
Antica Spezieria Erboristeria San Simone.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 10.30am
Visit the best of Florence in less than two hours: the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptist...
This Accademia and Uffizi Galleries guided visit will take you through two of the city's best-known ...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...