Pizza and gelato cooking class at a Tuscan farmhouse
- Join a small-group pizza and gelato making classes at a Tuscan farmhouse
- Get insider tips and special techniques from a professional chef
- Learn how to make pizza and homemade gelato
- Enjoy the food you prepare accompanied by wine and beer
Learn how to make pizza and gelato in an idyllic setting of the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll reach the Tuscan farmhouse, located just outside the center of Florence, offering stunning views over the surrounding hills. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and learn the whole process, from making and kneading the dough to choosing the perfect topping, to create your very own pizza. You’ll then relax and enjoy the delicious pizza cooked in a wood oven with a glass of Chianti wine or a cold beer, before you get started on the gelato making. By the end of the class, you’ll feel confident enough to reproduce these delicacies at home impressing your guests!
After meeting a professional chef in a centrally located office in Florence, you will be transported directly to a beautiful private estate in the hills just above Florence. Here, you’ll appreciate the stunning views over the gorgeous countryside as you taste the traditional 'fettunta', accompanied by a glass of Chianti wine, whilst listening to the culture behind Italy's most famous food, pizza and gelato.
Your professional chef will then teach you the art of dough making and kneading and will give you all the inside tips; you’ll use the ingredients picked from the vegetable garden and cook the pizza in a wood oven. The fun continues as you then learn the special techniques to make your very own creamy gelato.
You’ll leave feeling satisfied, excited and with wonderful memories to take home with you!
- Round trip transfer from Florence to the farmhouse
- Pizza and gelato making lesson led by a professional chef
- Food, wine and beer
- Special tips and techniques
- Youth 12-26 years old: reduced price
- Child 7-11 years old: special reduced
Via Vinegia, 23R, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Meeting point: Via Vinegia, 23r - right behind the Palazzo Vecchio. Facing the entrance and the statue of David, walk downhill on the right side of the building, keep it on your left and turn left at the bottom. Take the narrow street with an arched entrance on the right, you will see 'Walkabout' a few paces in on the right.
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, this tour is not accessible to anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users
- Gluten free requirements cannot be catered for
- Children under 7 are not accepted
- Every day from 1 March 2018 to 27 October 2018 at 2.30pm (please arrive at least 15 minutes before)
- Every day from 26 March 2018 to 27 October 2018 at 5.00pm (please arrive at least 15 minutes before)
- Mondays to Saturdays from 28 October 2018 to 28 February 2019 at 2.30pm (please arrive at least 15 minutes before)
- Blackout dates: November 1, December 8, 24, 25, 26, 31, January 1
Enjoy a full day cooking class in the Tuscan countryside, including a food tour through the historic...
Learn how to make two of the most delicious Italian dishes: pizza and gelato (ice cream). Meet your ...
The Estate is run by the family, which only uses its own grapes, carefully cultivated in the vineyar...
A day amid art, culture, wine and delicious food. Do you fancy an unforgettable experience in the mo...
This special half day tour will take you to the heart of Tuscany. Meet the real people who live and ...
This is a small group course for food lovers that is held in the ancient city center. This is how yo...
Book a private lunch or dinner in the heart of Florence, attend the show cooking and discover the fl...
The village of San Gimignano, the Chianti area and the medieval town of Siena: these venues are situ...
Explore the local market and the historic food shops of Florence and buy the best seasonal ingredien...
Wouldn't it be exciting to discover the secrets of Florence driving a mythic Italian spider (convert...