Skip-the-line tickets with audio guide for the Accademia Gallery
- Discover Florence's Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio and the Accademia Gallery
- Skip the line at the entrance and enjoy more time in the museum
- Explore one of the most famous museums in the world with an audio guide
Want to discover the renowned Accademia Gallery at your own pace, without waiting in a long line? Book your skip-the-line ticket and follow the explanations from an audio guide to find out about the collections of works inside the second most visited museum in Florence.
The Galleria dell'Accademia is home to Michelangelo's famous David, a true international symbol of the city and a masterpiece of the Renaissance. Founded in 1784 as a place of study for students of the nearby Academy of Fine Arts, the Accademia Gallery of Florence now houses some of the most beautiful works by Michelangelo including, amongst many others, the Palestrina Pietà, the Prisoners and San Matteo.
In addition to the skip-the-line ticket, you will have an audio guide with a 3-hour audio commentary, which will accompany you for the duration of your visit to the Academy and beyond. The audio guide will also allow you to discover the Cathedral (exterior) in Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio and Ponte Vecchio.
Admire the splendid collection of Renaissance works of the Accademia: paintings by Botticelli, Carlo Portelli, Lorenzo Monaco, as well as the Museum of Musical Instruments. With your skip-the-line ticket, you can also visit all of the temporary exhibitions at the Gallery.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Accademia Gallery
- Audio guide in Italian for Accademia Gallery (interior), Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio and Florence Cathedral (exterior)
- Temporary exhibitions
- Citizens aged 18 to 25 years old, from the European Union or from non-EU states on condition of reciprocity
- Reduced tickets are subject to availability. If the reduced or free options are not available on a certain day or time, it means that availability has run out
Free (advance payment is required to skip the line):
- Children under 18 (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Guides and interpreters from the European Union
- ICOM, ICOMOS and ICCROM members
- European Union school groups and their teachers, within the established quotas
- Teachers and students from the following schools: Academies of Fine Arts or corresponding institutions in the EU; Architecture, Cultural Heritage, Education Studies faculties; degree programs on literary subjects with an archeology or art history focus; art faculties and corresponding courses in EU member states
- Teachers with permanent and temporary contracts at Italian state and private schools (showing at the ticket office appropriate documentation issued by the MIUR)
- Disabled people and one companion
Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli 8/black, 50123 Florence FI, Italy
Collect your audio guide at the Slow Tour Tuscany agency in Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli 8 AT THE TIME BOOKED - please ring the intercom. Then, 30 minutes after the booked time slot, show the voucher at the Galleria dell'Accademia's cash desk for pre-booked tickets (via Ricasoli 58) to enter. The Accademia Gallery is a 15-minute walk from the agency.
- Confirmation is sent via email within 24 hours of purchase on working days
- Remember that the time chosen for the reservation refers to when you can collect your audio guide. This will be scheduled half an hour before your entrance to the museum
- You will be asked for a security deposit of €30 for each rented audio guide; the deposit will be returned to you when you return the undamaged audio guide. In the event that the audio guide is lost or damaged, you will be required to pay €40 per device
- Tickets cannot be purchased by school groups. Those who don't follow this rule will not be accepted at the entrance and will not get a refund
- The museum does not provide a cloakroom service. It is not allowed to enter with bags and backpacks that exceed 40x30x18
- Bottles of water over 0.5 liters are not permitted inside the museum. In addition, it is prohibited to drink inside the exhibition halls
- The use of flash and selfie sticks are not allowed inside the museum
- From Tuesday to Sunday: 8.15am - 6.50pm
- Closed on Mondays, 1 May, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day
- Free on the first Sunday of each month from October to March
Slow Tour Tuscany agency (audio guide collection/return)
- Every day: 9.30am - 6.30pm
- The time shown on the voucher refers to when you can collect your audio guide, scheduled half an hour before the entrance to the museum
Visit the best of Florence in less than two hours: the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptist...
This Accademia and Uffizi Galleries guided visit will take you through two of the city's best-known ...
Enjoy a lovely half-day trip to Pisa to discover the beauty of its monuments and countryside. Travel...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Explore the Tuscan countryside on this private day trip from Florence. With a wine expert as your pe...