The grape escape winery tour from Florence
- Learn how to sip and smell wine from a professional
- Taste 9 different types of wines
- Enjoy extra virgin olive oil, balsamic and Tuscan snacks
- Explore San Gimignano
Join a fun day trip to the Chianti countryside to meet other travellers of the same age and to discover why the area is famous for its scenery as well as its wine. Visit Tuscany with 2 wineries, 7 different types of wine to taste, 3 extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, Tuscan snacks, amazing scenery and the visit to San Gimignano all in one day!
The first stop will be at a winery and Tuscany wine tasting school located an hour outside of Florence where you will taste 4 different types of wines including the famous Chianti Classico, Brunello of Montalcino, Super Tuscan wines, a 30 year-old balsamic vinegar and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil. Here you will learn how to recognize the different flavours and develop your taste buds with a passionate wine producer.
Next visit a local winery in a stunning area well known for the production of the D.O.C.G. Vernaccia white wine facing the famous towers of San Gimignano. The wine makers will guide you through the vineyards and the cellars and they will share the secrets of the wine and oil production as well as the best wine and food combinations. At the winery you will enjoy 3 wines; the famous Vernaccia white wine, a rosè wine and a Chianti colli senesi D.O.C.G.
In the afternoon you will be free to visit and spend time wandering through the narrow streets shopping in the local stores of the most beautiful medieval town of Tuscany, San Gimignano and check out the tower filled skyline while eating the ice cream from a world-champion gelateria.
- English-speaking tour guide
- 2 wineries with tastings and snacks
- 1.5hr visit of San Gimignano
Youth (18-21): reduced
Via Nazionale, 149, 50129 Firenze FI
Meet your guide in front of the Italy on a budget offices on Via Nazionale 149R, opposite hotel Galileo.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 50
- Mimimum age limit of 18
- This experience is created for travellers aged between 18 to 39
- Clientele generally includes college students, backpackers and solo travellers
- Tour is fast-paced, budget-minded and includes activities for travellers to meet and connect with other passengers
- Consuming alcohol on an empty stomach is not recommended
- Space available under tour bus/van for traveling bags
- Drop-off in San Gimignano is available
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9.40am
Visit the beautiful region of Chianti with us and immerse yourselves in the picturesque Tuscan scene...
Take a relaxing evening out in beautiful Tuscany to enjoy the stunning location of a historical 17th...
This special half day tour will take you to the heart of Tuscany. Meet the real people who live and ...
The village of San Gimignano, the Chianti area and the medieval town of Siena: these venues are situ...
This is a small group course for food lovers that is held in the ancient city center. This is how yo...
What if returning from Italy you could show your family and friends not only pictures, but your cook...
We invite you to join us for one of our wine and food experiences at Lanciola. Learn more about our ...
Travelling is a unique experience. You will always remember the wonderful memories that you make due...
The Uffizi Gallery hosts the biggest collection of Renaissance paintings in the world.Starting from ...
Who were the Medici, and why does their name still resonate centuries later around the globe? We fol...