Tickets to the Florence Synagogue and the Jewish Museum
- Visit one of the most significant examples of exotic Moorish style in Europe
- Explore the interior of the synagogue with its geometric decorations, stained glass windows and mosaics
- Admire several ceremonial objects of Jewish art, silver and fabrics on display in the Jewish Museum
The Great Synagogue of Florence, one of the most important examples of Moorish architecture in Europe, was inaugurated in 1882, a few years after the Emancipation of Italian Jews in 1861, with the proclamation of Italy's unification.
Its structure, different from the traditional Florentine architecture of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, has a large dome covered in green copper. The inside is particularly striking - for the richness of the geometric elements in the frescoes, the splendor of the mosaics, and the soft light that filters through the stained-glass windows.
An integral part of the visit to the Synagogue is the Jewish Museum, founded in 1981 and expanded in 2007. Spread over two floors, the museum hosts a rich collection of ceremonial Jewish art objects, silverware and fabrics from the ancient synagogues of the Florentine ghetto, and photographic and archival documentation on the history of Florence's Jewish communities. On the second floor, you will find objects and furnishings related to the most significant moments of the Jewish life cycle, family rituals, and religious holidays.
Moreover, you will be able to visit a projection room dedicated to the memory of the Shoah (Holocaust). There is also a computer area connected to the most important Jewish museums and centers in the world.
- Entrance to the Synagogue
- Entrance to the Hebrew Museum in Florence
- Guided tour
- Audio guide
- Students aged 15 to 25
- Groups over 20 people
- Children (0-6)
- Valid Florence Card holders
- Accompanying person of a disabled person
- Accompanying teachers (2 free admissions for every 15 students)
- Group chaperone (every 20 people)
Via Luigi Carlo Farini, 6, 50121 Florence FI, Italy
Synagogue and Hebrew Museum in Florence.
- The ticket is valid for 1 day. You'll be able to access the synagogue at any time during the opening hours
- Free admission on the first Sunday of each month
- The prices are composed as follows: Full €6.5 + €2.20 booking costs, Reduced €5 + €2.20 booking costs
Every day except Saturday (the ticket office closes 45 minutes in advance)
- From June to September, from Sunday to Thursday 10.00am to 6.30pm
- From June to September, Friday 10.00am to 5.00pm
- From October to May, from Sunday to Thursday 10.00am to 5.30pm
- From October to May, Friday 10.00am to 3.00pm
Closing times: on Saturdays and on Jewish holidays
Explore the breathtaking Ligurian coast on a tour of Portovenere and the Cinque Terre, a small corne...
Visit the best sights of Florence with this walking tour. You'll see the Basilica of San Lorenzo, th...
The tour of the Grande Museo del Duomo (Great Museum of the Cathedral) is a single great itinerary t...
An unforgettable guided walk in the center of a UNESCO World Heritage city, to learn about the histo...
Rise early for an exciting day at Cinque Terre, the most characteristic villages of Italy including ...
Join a walking tour in the footsteps of the Medicis to learn about the history of the most important...
The tour starts in the main square, where the famous soccer game in medieval costumes, the Calcio St...
There is nothing better than the VIP Cinque Terre Discovery & Vineyards Escapes to explore a real It...
It’s wine o’clock! On this wine tour, enjoy a late afternoon stroll around Florence to discover our ...
Learn the secrets and tricks of the most famous dishes of Florentine cuisine and taste the fruit of ...