Tour of Kos city and the Asklipeion
- Explore the beautiful island of Kos and its many fascinating sites: the Archeological Museum, the Agora, the Castle of the Knight of St. John and much more
- Discover the millennia-old Asklepion, a sacred temple where, in ancient times, many were taught the art of healing
- Enjoy pick-up and drop-off service from your accommodation and ride comfortably on a Mercedes Mini-Van
Join this morning tour of Kos island and discover the millennia-old Asklepion, a sacred healing temple where many were taught the art of healing.
Your experience starts from the Archaeological Museum of Kos: once inside you'll have the chance to see and learn about findings from the archaeological site of Market and the Western archaeological site, as well as from individual monuments as the Altar of Dionisos, the Odeon and the Casa Romana.
Next, you'll be taken to the Defterdar Mosque, built in 1724, and the beautiful Platanos tree Square, surrounded with different archeological sites.
Your next stop will be the Castel of the Knight of St.John and the Bridge, situated at the entrance of the Kos harbor.
The old Agora used to be a market place during the Hellenic period: at the time, here you would find temples, houses with carved stones, galleys, altars, mosaics and much more.
After seeing the Lodgia Mosque and the Western Archaeological area, the last stop of your experience will be the Asklepeion, a short 10 minutes ride away from the Kos city center.
Here, you'll discover how the history of medicine was born: Asklepeion was one of the most famous therapeutic centers in the classical world, founded in the 4th century B.C. It is 5 km away from the town of Kos and perfectly set on a hill surrounded by trees and running springs.
At the end of the three hours, you'll be taken back to your accommodation.
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Transportation by Mercedes Mini-Van
- Guided tour
- Platanos and Kos Town Castle admission fees
You can confirm the pick-up location directly with the local operator. You'll find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Every day at 9:00 am.
After a long flight, you don't need to waste time looking for a taxi. Board your air-conditioned veh...
Depart from Skopelos port and sail around Peristera island, close nearby, on the west of Alonissos. ...
Messene is a significant ancient city in terms of its size, form, and state of preservation. It has ...
Once you've arrived at the harbor of Kos, you'll readily begin your day visiting and exploring the i...
After being picked up at your hotel you'll be taken to the enchanting Pozar Thermal Springs: here, y...
Join this tour and discover in a single day the best sites in Kos as well as the fascinating therape...