Tour the amazing spectacle that is the Hoover Dam, a National Historic Landmark on the Colorado River, a short distance from Las Vegas. The Dam was constructed during the Great Depression period spanning 245 square miles of surface area and needed 3.25 million yards of concrete. Irrigating over 1,000,00 acres and providing water to 8,000,000 residents in Arizona, California, and Nevada, the Dam plays a vital role in the surrounding economy and the community. During your tour of the Hoover Dam, you will be treated to views from both the Arizona and Nevada sides of the Colorado River. The Mike O’Callaghan/Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, (The Dam Bridge) has the highest overlook of the Dam and Black Canyon and can be seen from the top of Hoover Dam. Your half-day tour includes a guided tour of the Hoover Dam with live presentations, a film about the history and construction, an exhibit gallery, observation deck, and a visit down to the observation room to view the huge generators.
Day trips & excursions
Hoover Dam half day tour from Las Vegas
Duration: 4 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Learn about the Hoover Dam at the Visitor Center
- See upstream views of Hoover Dam - Arizona Side
- Take an interior tour of Hoover Dam
What to expect
Pick up at most hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. DETOURS will contact you between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening before to let you know your exact pickup time.
What to remember
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Guests must provide child safety seats for children under 6 years and under 60 lbs (NV law). DETOURS can provide child seats for a 10 USD fee
- The generator room tour is not recommended for guests with pacemakers
- Operates daily
- Departure Time: Morning tour departs between 7.00am and 8.00am and afternoon tour departs between 12.00pm and 1.00pm
- Return Time: Morning tour returns between 11.00am and 12.00pm and afternoon tour returns between 4.00pm and 5.00pm
DETOURS American West
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.