This Koreatown Food Tour visits the most densely populated and ethnically diverse neighborhood in all of Los Angeles which in the past few year has seen an explosion of innovative and trendy restaurants. Stroll through the historic Korean neighborhood learning while hearing the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts who have made Ktown their home including the influence of Roy Choi’s innovative Korean-American cuisine. The progressive meal in Los Angeles’ Koreatown concludes with mouthwatering desserts. This is not a typical Koreatown Food Tour – its a culinary experience!
This 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between. This Koreatown Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, the goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. Shift your perspective of Korean cuisine through its story of the person who made it. So no, we don’t serve your average Korean cuisine!
Possible tastings include (each tour includes 4):
- Sample a true representation of the Hispanic meets Korean neighborhood with a kimchi and chorizo fried rice at a Colombian-Korean fusion restaurant and art gallery for local K-Town artists
- Savor Korean Fried Chicken at popular historic mad-men-esque era restaurant decked with red leather couches and ornate decor
- Beat the summer heat with some refreshing mul naengmyeon, a sweet, sour, savory cold soup that boasts a bounty of buckwheat noodles, asian pear, cucumber, radishes, green onion, and boiled egg in a cool pool of homemade chicken stock
- Sample smoky, sweet bulgogi (marinated beef) Korean BBQ with traditional “banchan” or “side dishes” which include pickled radishes, kimchi, candied lotus root, and marinated mung bean sprouts at one of Jonathan Gold’s (LA’s food critic) favorite Korean BBQ spots
- Unique acorn noodles at one of Jonathan Gold’s Los Angeles Top 101 restaurants
- Bite into an adorable and instagram-worthy macaron ice cream sandwich – choose your own filling and almond cookies!