Chianti half-day afternoon tour with train from-to Lucca
- Visit to a famous estate with tour of the wine cellar
- Self-guided tour of the Monteriggioni fortress and a local winery
- Explore the beautiful wine region of Chianti on a half-day scenic tour from Florence
- Taste superb Chianti wines and Tuscan products
Departs from Lucca to discover Florence on your own and the Chianti region with the afternoon wine tasting tour.
Visit the beautiful region of Chianti with us and immerse yourselves in the picturesque Tuscan scenery that you have always imagined. The beautiful ruby-red colour and the characteristic bouquet with scents of violet are the special features that reveal the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti. This wine results from the wise blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, and originates from the hilly area from which it draws its name. We will lead you to the discovery of the breathtaking, uncontaminated landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, presenting you a harmony of colours that can only be found in the hills of this region. The sounds, scents and flavours of this land will capture your senses through a unique experience that you will live, relish and comprehend by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles and small villages where the rhythm of life remains unaltered over time.
The tour continues with a visit to a charming wine estate where you will take part in a guided tour of the wine cellars in order to gain insight into the various stages of wine production and in a tasting of the various wines that the winery produces, paired with samples of sliced cold meats, bruschetta and salami. During the tour you will see the characteristic fortress of Monteriggioni. There you will find some shops specialized in typical Tuscan products, as well as elegant cafés where you can stop and enjoy a coffee or a gelato. Subsequently, the tour includes a second tasting of olive oil and wine in another local winery.
The tour will end in Florence, but your driver will bring you back to Lucca.
- Train tickets from/to Lucca
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Free time in Florence
- Child 3-12 years: reduced
- Infant 0-2 years: free
Viale Camillo Benso Cavour, 15, 55100 Lucca LU
You need to reach the departure location independently. The train departure time will be provided by email together with train tickets, please note if must make your own way to Lucca train station, no further train tickets will be provided if you miss your train.
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs. Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved and this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Please consider that our staff will be directly in Florence at the meeting point so you need to reach the departure location independently. The train departure time will be provided by email together with train tickets, please note if must make your own way to Lucca train station, no further train tickets will be provided if you miss your train.
- Tour duration: 5 h and 15 min Chianti tour plus train transportation
- 12:31pm from the suggested train from Lucca Train Station - Viale Camillo Benso Cavour, 15 to Florence SMN train Station. You will meet our guide directly in Florence, we will only provide train tickets the transportation is on your own. Our staff will wear a green t-shirt with our My Tour logo.
- 2:45 pm: departure of the tour from Florence, Stazione Leopolda: Viale Fratelli Rosselli at the corner with Via Elio Gabbuggiani in front of Bar Julia. Our staff will wear a green t-shirt with our logo
- 8:00 pm: the tour ends in Florence, Stazione Leopolda
- 9:10 PM Suggested train from Florence to Lucca
- Train From Florence SMN to Lucca, we will only provide train tickets the transportation is on your own
Departs from Lucca to Florence to learn how to make two of the most delicious Italian dishes: pizza ...
We will travel along a panoramic road to the beautiful Chianti area, the Gothic and Medieval village...
You will start the tour visiting a typical medieval village placed on the hill that overlooks Val di...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...
Make the most of your time in Pietrasanta, a capital town for art, with an interactive and user-frie...
From 25 January to 31 May 2020, the Lu.C.C.A. - Lucca Center Of Contemporary Art, is proud to presen...