Madrid Royal Palace skip-the-line tickets
- Save time with your skip-the-line tickets
- Explore the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy
- Discover the Throne Hall, the Gasparini Room, the Royal Chapel and much more
- Admire the Royal Armoury and the Painting Gallery
Skip the long lines and enter the Royal Palace, the Spanish monarchy's official residence.
The Madrid Royal Palace stands on the site of the former Alcázar of Madrid, a medieval fortress transformed into a lavish palace by John II, Charles V and Phillip II. Inspired by sketches made by Bernini for the construction of the Louvre in Paris, the palace is built in the form of a square and looks out over a large courtyard with galleries and a parade ground.
The decoration of the palace's rooms and their layout has gradually changed over the years. It comprises over 3000 rooms, including: the Main Staircase, designed by Sabatini with over 70 steps; the Throne Hall featuring a ceiling painted by Tiepolo; the Hall of Halberdiers, which Charles III turned into the Guards Room; the Gasparini Room, with its grand 18th century decoration on a floral theme; the Royal Chemist's with natural medicine cabinets, ceramic pots made by the La Granja factory, and even prescriptions given to members of the royal family; and the Royal Chapel, where you could admire a collection of string instruments made by the legendary Antonio Stradivari.
If you visit the palace, you'll also admire the Royal Armoury and the Painting Gallery. The first one includes weapons and armour worn by the kings of Spain and other members of the royal family since the 13th century. The Painting Gallery includes works by such artists as Velázquez, Goya, Federico Madrazo, Joaquín Sorolla, Caravaggio, Luis Morales and Juan de Flandes.
- Individual members of large families with accreditation by the Official Family Book or equivalent of the EU and Latin American countries or holders of residency or work permit of those nationalities
- Citizens between 5 and 16 years old. Accreditation by means of identification card or passport from 14 to 16 years old
- Persons over 65 years old of the member States of the European Union or Latin American countries. By means of identification card, passport, driver’s licence, work or residency permit
- Accredited students up to 25 years old with updated national or international student’s card
- Children under 5 years old
- 18 May (International Museum Day)
- Large families with accreditation by the Official Family Book or equivalent of the EU and Latin American countries holders of residency or work permits of those nationalities
- Members of the ICOM (International Museum Council), by means of accrediting card of that organisation
- Official Tourist Guides with Official Tourist Guide card
- Professors in individual visit with teaching staff card
- Persons with disability with accreditation
- Persons in legal situation of unemployment that accredit this circumstance by means of Employment Demand Card or equivalent document issued by the competent organisation
- From Monday to Thursday from 4.00pm to 6.00pm (October to March) and 6.00pm to 8.00pm (April to September), free admission for citizens of the European Union, residents and holders of work permit in that territory and Latin American citizens, following accreditation of nationality (national identification card, passport or driver’s licence) or residency or work permit
Calle de Bailén
Calle de Bailén, s/n, 28071 Madrid. Bus: Lines 3, 25, 39 and 148. Underground: Lines 5 and 2 (Opera station). Commuter train: Príncipe Pío station
- Winter hours (October to March). Daily from 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Summer hours (April to September). Daily from 10.00am to 8.00pm
- Box office and admission to the Palace close one hour earlier
- Closed: 1 and 6 January, 1 May, 25 December
- 24 and 31 December: closed from 3.00pm
- In addition to the planned closings, there may be additional closings motivated by the holding of official acts
- Special opening: 12 October from 5.00pm to 10.00pm
Enjoy one of the biggest Royal Palaces in Europe with a guide that will show the most important room...
The highly popular Parque del Retiro of Madrid is one of the most famous and beutiful parks of the c...
iVenture Madrid Card is a smart card that includes the main cultural and leisure options, in additio...
This guided tour will take you to Madrid's most majestic area. Some of the city's most famous monume...
Discover the main parts of the Retiro Park with an expert guide. This is the main park in the city o...
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
With this visit you will discover a place which is emblematic of the heart and soul of bullfighting,...
Discover the most characteristic monuments of Madrid. You will cross the famous sights in Madrid inc...
The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía of Madrid is dedicated to late 19th and 20th century a...
Live an unforgettable experience in Ribera del Duero and enjoy its wines on this guided tour from Ma...