Chianina breeding farm tour
- Enter a breeding farm and get to know the impressive Valdichiana calves
- Learn the history of the Chianina breed and understand its deep connection with the territory
- Taste the PGI Chianina meat in different versions, such as tartare, roast beef, and carpaccio
Visit a breeding farm and discover the impressive Valdichiana calves. You will undertake an authentic journey through the Tuscan rural culture. The Valdichiana is the territory of origin of the Chianina breed, the biggest calf in the world. The male calves may pass 190 cm in height at the withers and reach 1,700 kg of weight.
At the farm, you will closely observe the beauty, meekness and grandeur of this magnificent white-mantled animal. You will discover the history of the Chianina breed and its deep connection with this territory. Resistant, strong, tame, these beautiful animals have been the engine of agriculture in the Valdichiana before the arrival of agricultural machinery. Today, their meat is considered one of the best in the world; the famous Florentine T-bone steak, for example, comes from the Chianina calves.
After visiting the breeding farm, you will taste the PGI Chianina meat in different versions, such as tartare, roast beef, and carpaccio.
- Guided tour of the breeding farm
- Welcome aperitif
- Tasting-lunch based on the renowned Chianina meat (Florentine T-bone steak available on request)
- Transport service (available on request)
You will be informed about meeting point after booking
- You will be informed about the meeting point after booking. The activity will take place in one of the following cities: Cetona, Chianciano Terme, Chiusi, Montepulciano, Sarteano, San Casciano dei Bagni, Sinalunga, Torrita di Siena, Trequanda
- The minimum number of participants for this tour is 2
- Every day at 11.30am and 5.30pm
Just outside the center of Montepulciano stands the Church of San Biagio, a work of rare beauty also...
This Montepulciano and Montalcino wine tour celebrates the wine and food of these two regions, offer...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Montepul...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...
Live an unforgettable experience in the astounding setting of the Tuscan hills of Montepulciano.At P...