Arthur Avenue food tour: Little Italy of the Bronx
- See New York’s other Little Italy, where Italians still shop and locally-owned businesses still thrive
- Taste delicious pastries, cheese, salume, bread and more--all made by local artisans
- Learn all about the history of the Bronx and the Italian community that built the city and the neighborhood
The Belmont section of the Bronx known as Little Italy, or simply "Arthur Avenue", is one of New York's last enclaves of small, family-run food shops. On this epic food tour, you'll visit nearly a dozen Italian food shops, most of which are third-generation owned and have been in business for over 100 years.
Your food adventure begins at the famous Arthur Avenue Retail Market, where a special stop is made to see what foods have just arrived from Italy. Next, you'll head next-door to a pork shop where the entire ceiling is covered with their homemade sausages. Samples will be given of imported and homemade cheeses before moving on to a local bakery for a taste of their singular loaves.
The rest of the tour will include a stop at a working fish market for a freshly shucked oyster, a fresh pasta-making observation and a visit to a neighborhood deli for a sample of their hand-pulled mozzarella. Finally, find out where NYC chefs get their Italian food supplies and why.
- English speaking guide
- Food and drink samples as per itinerary
- Additional food and drinks
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
Arthur Avenue Retail Market - 2344 Arthur Avenue, Bronx, NY 10458
Outside the Retail Market
- Your booking is confirmed once you receive the voucher
- This is a child-friendly tour
- Full refund issued if cancellations are made more than 48 hours prior to tour. Traveler will receive no refund if cancellations are made 48 hours or less prior to tour
- Tuesday - Saturday at 11.00am
Your visit to the most filmed city in the world wouldn't be complete without a Turner Classic Movies...
New York proudly holds the title as the most filmed city in the world! On this super fun TV and movi...
The New York Water Taxi All-Day Access Pass is the perfect way to see the best of the city that neve...
Take a guided tour through one of New York City’s oldest neighborhoods--the Lower East Side. The LES...
Discover an exciting world of graffiti taggers and street artists on this walking tour while viewing...
Discover the best of New York City on board of a hop-on-hop-off panoramic bus that will take you thr...