Nasty Women tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Discover the powerful women depicted throughout the history of art
- Enjoy a fun, informative and empowering guided tour
- Learn about the rich history of women who refused to put up and shut up—and changed the world instead
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings of their day—as artists who broke with convention, scientists who toppled stereotypes, and political figures who poisoned, slept and protested their way to power. Our tour spans more than three thousand years, from ancient Egypt to modern America.
You’ll learn about
- The most powerful female Pharaoh of Egypt and her famous tomb
- The mythical women who frightened ancient Greek men
- The first official Roman Empress and the complete erasure of her memory
- The official mistresses of French kings and the power they wielded
- A woman scientist of pre-Revolutionary France
- The female painters whose focus on women’s lives, instead of their bodies, changed modern painting.
- A suffragette who was one of the Metropolitan’s main donors
- …and so much more.
- Guided tour
New York, NY 10028, USA
- Meet in the Metropolitan Museum's Great Hall, to the right of the entrance, at the feet of the colossal granite Pharaoh statue.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the your tour
- Please arrive 15 minutes beforehand
Baz Luhrmann's 2001 hit jukebox film makes its way to the Broadway stage in this thrilling theatrica...
The beloved classic by Harper Lee finally arrives on Broadway in a new, adapted production by Aaron ...
The best way to enjoy a picnic in Central park, that has been set up especially for you and will be ...
More than 1.1 million people were murdered behind the barbed-wire fences of Auschwitz between May 19...
Discover the best of Central Park on a bike tour led by a city-licensed professional. Experts will g...
Discover the best of New York City on board of a hop-on-hop-off panoramic bus that will take you thr...