Nasty Women tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Discover the powerful women depicted throughout the history of art
- Enjoy a fun, informative and empowering guided tour
- Learn about the rich history of women who refused to put up and shut up—and changed the world instead
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings of their day—as artists who broke with convention, scientists who toppled stereotypes, and political figures who poisoned, slept and protested their way to power. Our tour spans more than three thousand years, from ancient Egypt to modern America.
You’ll learn about
- The most powerful female Pharaoh of Egypt and her famous tomb
- The mythical women who frightened ancient Greek men
- The first official Roman Empress and the complete erasure of her memory
- The official mistresses of French kings and the power they wielded
- A woman scientist of pre-Revolutionary France
- The female painters whose focus on women’s lives, instead of their bodies, changed modern painting.
- A suffragette who was one of the Metropolitan’s main donors
- …and so much more.
- Guided tour
New York, NY 10028, USA
- Meet in the Metropolitan Museum's Great Hall, to the right of the entrance, at the feet of the colossal granite Pharaoh statue.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the your tour
- Please arrive 15 minutes beforehand
Explore New York City on THE TOUR powered by THE RIDE, an exciting and unique twist on the tradition...
See New York City sparkle on an evening panoramic tour of the city! Experience awesome New York City...
Broadway’s Come From Away is a Best Musical winner all across North America!This New York Times Crit...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...
Explore one of Brooklyn’s trendiest neighborhoods on a Williamsburg Food Tour – known as one of the ...
Discover the best of New York City on board of a hop-on-hop-off panoramic bus that will take you thr...