New York Times journeys: Dumbo, the new Brooklyn
- Travel like a local on the commuter ferry from Manhattan to Brooklyn
- Visit Brooklyn Bridge Park and get breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline
- Learn the history of how Brooklyn’s waterfront has transformed from industrial to recreational
- Try the offerings at some of the neighborhood’s favorite local food havens
- Feel the vibe of the neighborhood that has attracted artists, innovators and tech companies
What better way to explore New York's hidden gems than with a local?
You'll start your tour in iconic Manhattan before hopping over to Brooklyn and hitting mysterious Dumbo. It may conjure up images of the infamous elephant, but it literally refers to 'down under the Manhattan Bridge overpass.' This district is an up-and-coming area of the city, where artists, innovators and entrepreneurs run amock and you'll get first-hand experience of this, taking in breweries, coffee roasters, recreation parks and artists studios as you go.
You'll see the city through the eyes of a local, on foot and on a ferry, enjoying sights, tasting the cuisine and learning about the history and new additions of this enigmatic neighbourhood.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pastry and coffee
- Gourmet sandwich
- Pour-your-own beer
- Ferry ticket
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Child (0-6 years) free
- Child (6-11 years) reduced
Wall St, New York, NY 10005, United States
Entrance of Pier 11 just east of South Street and Gouverneur Lane, underneath the F.D.R. Drive in Manhattan. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to ensure you don't miss boarding the ferry
- This tour starts with a ferry ride, which boards immediately after the tour start time, please arrive 15 minutes in advance
- Venues may be subject to change and not every stop may be visited every day of the week. Replacements will be made as necessary
- Dress comfortably and weather appropriate
- Tours run daily
- Departs at 9:00 am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure
- Tour ends approximately 12:00 pm
Your visit to the most filmed city in the world wouldn't be complete without a Turner Classic Movies...
New York proudly holds the title as the most filmed city in the world! On this super fun TV and movi...
Explore New York City on THE TOUR powered by THE RIDE, an exciting and unique twist on the tradition...
Discover an exciting world of graffiti taggers and street artists on this walking tour while viewing...
Come on board the America 2.0– a modern tribute to the first boat that won America's Cup in 1851. Al...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...