Audioguided tour of Chenonceau and Chambord with wine-tasting
- Visit the famous Loire Valley castles on your own
- Explore the Château de Chenonceau, Chambord
- Round trip in a luxury, air-conditioned coach included
- Learn about the Kings' lives of France during the Renaissance
Visit the most famous Loire Valley Castles on your own with an audio guide through each of the following châteaux: the charming Château de Chenonceau and the majestic Château de Chambord. Experience what life was like during the Renaissance period in these royal french residences.
The tour starts at 7:15am at our agency in the center of Paris, where you will take a luxury air-conditioned coach across the beautiful french countryside. You will arrive in Cheverny, the first stop on your trip, after roughly two and a half hours' drive.
You will visit the Château de Chenonceau. This 16th century castle, called "the ladies' castle", was built, run and embellished by aristocratic French ladies like Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medicis. You will explore the stunning Château de Chenonceau with an audio guide and discover the fairytale architecture that is visible from the River Cher. Admire the refined floral rooms, paintings, tapestries and fascinating kitchens housed in the piers of the bridge that supports the Château.
After lunch, you will visit the last castle of the day - the impressive Château de Chambord - which is an hour from Chenonceau. Enjoy the audio guided tour of one of the biggest châteaux of the Loire Valley, built by Francis I in 1519 with the help of Leonardo da Vinci. See the famous, striking double helix staircase and admire the panoramic view from the castle's terrace overlooking the grounds and its sea of chimneys.
You have the opportunity to stay at each château for about an hour to explore inside and see the gardens at your own pace.
At the end of the day, you will arrive back in Paris at around 8 pm.
- Entrance tickets to the châteaux
- Audio guides
- Round-trip transport from Paris in a luxury air-conditionned coach
- Lunch with drinks (during the winter, from 1 November to 31 March)
- During the summer: lunch (from 1 April to 31 October)
- Transfers from/to your hotel or flat
- Child (3-11 years old): reduced
Paris CityVision, 2 rue des Pyramides - 75001 Paris
Customers need to check in at the tour operator agency (to redeem the voucher) at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time.
- During the summer (April 1 to October 31), lunch is not included
- During the winter (November 1 to March 31), lunch is included
- Audio guides are available in: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese
- Every day
Departure: 07.15 AM
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
If you want to experience a moment of eternity, between sky and sea, visit the beautiful Mont Saint-...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...