Versailles Palace and Musical Gardens with transfer from Paris
- Fast track access to the Castle of Versailles
- Learn about the UNESCO world heritage site
- Visit the gardens with musical water plays
This tour has been carefully planned so you get in-depth perspective into both must-see sides of Versailles with convenient transportation from Paris. See the top sights of the palace and gardens with an expert guide by your side.
Indulge in the beauty and excess of the French monarchy's most extravagant palace. Counting some 700 rooms and 2,000 acres of gardens, this dazzling chateau still evokes the same sense of awe that it did over 300 years ago when it reached its apex under the Sun King, Louis XIV. Our Versailles tours from Paris cover the top sights at this famed UNESCO World Heritage Site on a half day visit, including the Grand Apartments, State Rooms and Hall of Mirrors, as well as the most exemplary parts of the Gardens of Versailles.
City Wonders will personally escort you to Versailles, where you will head straight past the long lines to enter the palace. Be mesmerized by its spectacular adornment as you enjoy captivating stories on its history and inhabitants including Louis XIV, XV, and XVI, their queens, and mistresses. Walk in the footsteps of Marie Antoinette and other historical figures to discover the moments that defined their lives, spanning the 'golden age' from the rise of France as one of Europe's most influential powers to the dramatic events of the French Revolution.
Considered among the highest achievements of 17th and 18th century art and architecture, this palace par excellence started with humbler beginnings as Louis XIII's hunting lodge in the early 1600s. Over the century that followed it became an extravagant show of power as the court's official seat from 1682 to 1789.
After the palace, explore the equally sumptuous gardens. Designed by master gardener André Le Nôtre and court painter Charles Le Brun in the 1660s, this vast French formal garden originally stretched as far as the eye could see. Admire the statues, secret groves and numerous fountains that were designed to extend the palace's interior into nature itself.
Depending on the day, your visit may include the Musical Fountain Show or Musical Gardens, during which you will see the fountains timed perfectly to classical music, or hear delightful tunes while discovering some of the most idyllic places on the grounds. If these events are not running, you will continue on a standard tour of the park's features.
- Palace of Versailles ticket and reservation
- Fountain show or musical gardens ticket and reservation (see dates)
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide better
- Round trip transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 0-1): free
- Children (ages 2-14): reduced rate
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour
1 Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre, 75016 Paris, France
Meet us 15 minutes before departure In front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot. The entrance faces the road side. Metro stop: Trocadéro (line 9, 6) exit n°1
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our group tours
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour without a flash
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited
- No more than 25 people per group
- Please note that Musical Gardens and Fountain show may be subject to last minute schedule changes that are not under our control.
- The tour can include the fountains show and musical gardens depending on dates
Tour without show
- 01/03/20 - 31/03/20: Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday (9.45am)
- 01/04/20 - 31/10/20: Wednesday, Thursday (9.45am)
- 01/11/20 - 13/12/20: Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday (9.45am)
- 14/12/20 - 31/12/20: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday (9.45am)
- 01/06/20 - 31/07/20: Thursday (1.45pm)
Tour with Fountain Show
- 01/04/20 - 31/10/20: Saturday, Sunday (8.45am)
- 01/06/20 - 31/07/20: Sunday (1.00pm)
Tour with Musical Gardens
- 01/04/20 - 31/10/20: Tuesday, Friday (9.45am)
- 01/06/20 - 31/12/20: Tuesday (1.45pm)
Experience the splendour of Versailles at your own pace as you see the sights with an in-depth audio...
Discover Paris's most famous tourist sights and monuments on one unique tour including a visit to th...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
Paris by night is even more evocative and romantic! Discover the neighborhoods and monuments of Pari...
Board at the foot at the Eiffel Tower for an 2-hours authentic and unforgettable Lunch Cruise along ...
This photo tour takes you around the best spots to take pictures of yourself in the Eiffel Tower are...
After a day of art and architecture, enjoy the pleasures of Paris nightlife with an evening of Frenc...
Discover Paris from the bottom to the top with this combo offer including a 1.5-hour city tour by bu...
See the best of Paris in just 4hrs! Breeze by the walking and bus tours on a Blue Bike and get up cl...
Enjoy your magical day in Disneyland® Paris without worrying about time constraints with this packag...