The best of Pompeii tour - unveiling the buried city
- Wander the fully-preserved streets of Pompeii with an expert guide
- Peek into ancient lives: a bakery, the old port, public baths, even a brothel
- Stroll along the city walls for panoramic views of Naples and Capri
- View the death casts of people caught in the 79 AD eruption
Seeing Pompeii on your own can be difficult and baffling. That’s why our tour has been designed to bring alive the history and tragic end of this ancient city.
Led by an expert English-speaking guide in groups of 15 or fewer, you’ll learn all about daily life in the ancient Roman world and see how the inhabitants died in the eruption of Vesuvius. Your day looks like this:
- Arrive in Pompeii and skip the lines
- Meet your professional local guide
- Stroll the shops, temples, public baths and houses
- See the plaster-cast remains of Pompeii’s doomed inhabitants
- Porta Marina
- The Basilica
- The Temple of Apollo
- The Roman Forum
- Pompeii’s main street
- The Macellum – an ancient supermarket
- The Cave Cane– home of the Tragic Poet
- A Roman bakery
- The cemetery
- A panoramic walk with views of Naples and Capri
- An ancient brothel (depending on age of group members)
- Pre-reserved entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Official Pompeii tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12): reduced price
Via Villa dei Misteri, 5, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
The tour meets by the info/ticket kiosk on the left hand-side of the Circumvesuviuana train stop Villa dei Misteri. When exiting the Circumvesuviana train stop Villa dei Misteri (with your back to the station), go to the left. Just around the corner, you'll see the ticket office. We meet just outside.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
Available Departure Times:
10:30 am, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm (depending on season)
Less busy and smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum is considered by many to be a better preserved examp...
The Catacombs of San Gennaro are located on two non-overlapping levels, both characterized by extrem...
Join us on this 3-hour guided tour to visit one of the most beautiful royal palaces in Italy and in ...
Discover Pompeii and taste a delicious pizza!Departure every day by Circumvesuviana train from the C...
TOUR DESCRIPTION:The city, submerged by the effects of the catastrophic eruption in 79 AD, emerges f...
Un itinerario lungo un miglio, alla scoperta dei tesori nascosti del Rione Sanità.Percorrere il Migl...
Under the Basilica of St Mary of Health, the heart of the district, lies what was the second most im...
This Food Tasting Segway Tour is the perfect combination of a small group guided Segway tour, and an...
One of the symbols of the city of Naples, the Certosa was founded in 1325 by Charles, Duke of Calabr...
Visit Procida by yourself, with a full day to relax and enjoy free time to explore the island and ta...