48 hour Rome Pass
- Discover the beauty of Rome in just 48 hours
- Visit a museum or archeological site for free
- Get access to all included public transport
- Take advantage of discounts for events, shows and special exhibits
The 48 hour Rome Pass, promoted by Roma Capitale and the Minister of Arts, Culture and Tourism, in collaboration with ATAC, is the best tourism/cultural card in Rome, offering discounts on museums, archeological sites and public transport to discover the beauty of the city in just 48 hours.
- Free entrance to the first museum or archeological site of your choice, including any exhibitions inside
- Reduced entrance to all following museums/archeological sites for the proceeding 48 hours of validity, including the exhibitions within the museums.
- Free use of public transport included in offer (bus, metro, tram) valid for 48 hours from first activation. Valid on all local Atac transport (bus, tram, A, B, B1 and C metro lines and rail lines Roma-Lido, Roma Flaminio Piazza del Popolo-Viterbo (until Sacrofano) and Roma-Giardinetti), inside the Roma Capitale area. Special connection lines including all connections to both Fiumicino e Ciampino Aeroporto are not included.
- Discounts for shows, events and other agreed upon services
In an extraordinary journey through history, art and culture, the Rome Pass includes more than 45 museums, monuments, archeological areas and more, making it a unique card due to the high number and impressive nature of the places included. Click here for the full list of all museums, monuments and archeological sites included.
- Free entrance to a museum or archeological site
- Use of the metro, bus and tram
- Discounts and special prices for events, shows and tourist services
- Map of Rome with Tourist Information Points, metro stations, museums and sites
- Entrance to the Vatican Museum is not included
- Special means of public transport such as any connections to airports and le ferrovie regionali Trenitalia FL (ex FR) are not included
- For information on reductions/free entrance based on age or other criteria by the network of museums and archeological sites and the city of Rome, click on the Normativa vigente which regulates entrance to these cultural sites
- At museums and national archeological sites (including the Colosseum), there is free entrance the first Sunday of every months, excluding special exhibits or shows
- RomaPass owners (48 and 72 hours) are entitled to reduced entry at ARA COM' ERA and Viaggi nell' Antica Roma from Sunday to Thursday
- Entrance is always free for the following museums, even without the Rome Pass: Accademia Nazionale di San Luca, Museo Carlo Bilotti a Villa Borghese, Museo della Repubblica Romana e della memoria garibaldina, Museo delle Mura, Museo di Casal de’ Pazzi, Museo di Scultura Antica Giovanni Barracco, Museo Napoleonico, Museo Pietro Canonica a Villa Borghese, Villa di Massenzio.
Cards purchased online can only be picked up at Tourist Information Points in Rome:
- PIT Castel S. Angelo, P.zza PIA (inside the gardens of Castel Sant'Angelo, on the side facing Via Concilazione). From 9.30am to 7.00pm
- PIT Ciampino, Airport G.B.Pastine - Outside the Arrivals area. From 8.30am to 6.00pm
- PIT Fiumicino, Leonardo Da Vinci Airport - International Arrivals Terminal T3. From 8.00am to 8.45pm
- PIT Imperial Forums, Via dei Fori Imperiali. From 15 to 30 June: 9.00am-8.30pm. From 1 July to 31 August: 9.00am-9.30pm. From 1 September: 9.00am-8.30pm. From 16 September to 31 December: 9.30am-7.00pm
- PIT Minghetti, Via Marco Minghetti (corner with Via del Corso). From 9.30am to 7.00pm
- PIT Termini, Stazione Termini - Via Giovanni Giolitti 34, inside building F - track 24. From 8.00am to 6.45pm
- The service with the Roma Pass is temporarily suspended for BORGHESE GALLERY. We apologize for the inconvenience
- Reimbursements are not provided in the case of theft, loss or failure to pick up your Rome Pass
- If the card does not function properly, take it to the nearest PIT (tourist information point) to fix any technical issue or exchange the card if necessary
- Cards purchased online can only be picked up at Tourist Information Points in Rome
- The card must be fully filled out and is non-transferrable and must be showed with a valid ID upon request by museum personnel
- At the Colosseum and the Sant'Angelo Castle, holders of the Rome Pass have direct access at the security check point, without passing through the ticket office. It is advised that during this period, security checks have been intensified and therefore there could be long lines
- Please note that oftentimes, museums are closed on Mondays (with the exception of the Colosseum, Traiano Market, Capitoline Museum, Ara Pacis Museum and the Baths of Caracalla). Museums are usually closed as well on 25 December, 1 January and 1 May. Please check the hours and closures online before planning your visit
How to use the card:
- fill out on the back of the card your full name and card activation date (non-transferable card)
- valid for 48 hours from the moment you first validate your pass and enter a museum/monument/exhibit and/or first use of public transport
- activate at the first use of the card (museum, monument, public transport, etc.)
- enter directly at the entrance of the first site, while afterwards, go straight to the ticket office to get your reduction
- if requested, you may be required to show a valid identification
- the card is contactless and therefore should be held close to the card reader but does not need to be inserted inside
- your card, along with a valid ID, should be shown whenever requested by museum personnel
The Colosseum and the archaeological sites of Palazzo Valentini/Domus Romane provide, even for holders of Roma Pass, the reservation required.
For the Colosseum, Roma Pass holders can book in three ways: online, through the call center (0639967575), at the ordinary ticket offices of the Roman Forum - Palatine, only the same day (subject to availability) - the ticket office will issue a free receipt indicating the time of entry.
An additional charge of €2 per person will be made for online and call center bookings, while day reservations at the Colosseum ticket offices are free of charge. You will receive complete instructions on how to book your entrance to the Coliseum at the Roma Pass collection centers. Attention: visitors who go to the access point without the Roma Pass will not be able to access the monument, even if they have made the reservation.
To book admission to the archaeological sites of Palazzo Valentini/Domus Romane, call the dedicated call center at 06 32810 (open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 6.00pm - Saturday from 9.00am to 1.00pm) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations are free of charge. For booking requests via email, answers will be given within 48 hours. It is possible to book even if you do not have your Roma Pass card yet, always providing the name of the Roma Pass holder.
- The card must be used before the 31st of January 2020
- Valid for 48 hours from the moment you first validate your pass and enter a museum/monument/exhibit and/or first use of public transport
Follow in the footsteps of the emperors and of Roman citizens in a 3-hours tour, discovering the anc...
Explore the local market and the historic food shops of Rome and buy the best seasonal ingredients f...
The cost of the ticket is 8 euros. The price listed in the calendar includes pre-sale and operating ...
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...