Ara Pacis Museum tickets
- Admire one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age
- The altar in honor of Augustus was used for the annual sacrifice
- Today the Ara Pacis Museum is a modern space for temporary exhibitions
- Buy tickets online to skip the line at the museum entrance
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an altar built in honor of Augustus in 9BC to be used for yearly sacrifices.
The altar, now over 2000 years old, is housed in the modern structure of the Ara Pacis Museum inaugurated in 2006 with an adequate container to protect the altar from dust, vibrations, humidity and the whole list of elements that could damage this historical monument.
The building, overlooking the Tiberius River, also holds space for temporary exhibitions. The spaces of the museum, designed by US architect Richard Meier, are modulated on the contrast between light and shadow, which enhances the exhibits.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Ara Pacis Museum
- Reduced: non-resident citizens 6-25 years old, resident citizens living in the metropolitan area of Rome 20-25 years old, state and municipal school teachers with permanent contracts, conventions
- Free of charge: children 0-5 years old, residents on the first Sunday of each month, residents under 18 years old, disabled people and helpers, tourist guides from the EU, journalists with professional card, university teachers and students of the humanities, conventions
Ara Pacis Museum
Lungotevere in Augusta - 00100 Roma
- This is a daily ticket, which allows you to access the museum on the day you booked, at a time of your choice
- You can also choose to add a visit to the temporary exhibition dedicated to Emperor Claudio to your visit
- The price breakdown is as follows: Standard price: entrance €10.50 + booking fee €1 + agency commission €3
- Every day 9.30am-7.30pm
- Entrance closes 1 hour before closing time
Our Sistine Chapel Express & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour is one of the best ways to experience the Vat...
If you'd rather visit the Vatican Museums on your own without a guided tour, but still want to skip ...
Enjoy a small-group walking tour featuring the highlights of Rome along with some of its charming se...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...