Ara Pacis Museum tickets
- Admire one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age
- The altar in honor of Augustus was used for the annual sacrifice
- Today the Ara Pacis Museum is a modern space for temporary exhibitions
- Buy tickets online to skip the line at the museum entrance
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an altar built in honor of Augustus in 9BC to be used for yearly sacrifices.
The altar, now over 2000 years old, is housed in the modern structure of the Ara Pacis Museum inaugurated in 2006 with an adequate container to protect the altar from dust, vibrations, humidity and the whole list of elements that could damage this historical monument.
The building, overlooking the Tiberius River, also holds space for temporary exhibitions. The spaces of the museum, designed by US architect Richard Meier, are modulated on the contrast between light and shadow, which enhances the exhibits.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Ara Pacis Museum
- Reduced: non-resident citizens 6-25 years old, resident citizens living in the metropolitan area of Rome 20-25 years old, state and municipal school teachers with permanent contracts, conventions
- Free of charge: children 0-5 years old, residents on the first Sunday of each month, residents under 18 years old, disabled people and helpers, tourist guides from the EU, journalists with professional card, university teachers and students of the humanities, conventions
Ara Pacis Museum
Lungotevere in Augusta - 00100 Roma
- This is a daily ticket, which allows you to access the museum on the day you booked, at a time of your choice
- You can also choose to add a visit to the temporary exhibition dedicated to Emperor Claudio to your visit
- The price breakdown is as follows: Standard price: entrance €10.50 + booking fee €1 + agency commission €3
- Every day 9.30am-7.30pm
- Entrance closes 1 hour before closing time
Follow in the footsteps of the emperors and of Roman citizens in a 3-hours tour, discovering the anc...
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...