Best of Rome and Vatican in one day with transfers and lunch
- Admire Rome's most remarkable attractions including the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, Navona Square and the Pantheon
- Taste some of the most delicious Roman dishes in a typical Roman "Trattoria"
- Enjoy a one-day guided tour including pick-up service, skip-the-line ticket and English speaking driver
This is the ideal tour for “hit and run” visitors that are willing to cover all of Rome's highlights and attractions in a single day. After the complimentary pick-up transfer from your accommodation, you will start visiting the world’s largest amphitheater with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, as the most technologically advanced entertainment complex of its time.
Afterward, you will discover the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which corresponded to the commercial, legal and administrative center of ancient Rome.
From the Roman Forum, your English-speaking driver will take you way across the city to explore the world-renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. Admire the greatest masterpieces, like Michelangelo's “Last Judgment” and "Pietà", Gian Lorenzo Bernini's twirling bronze baldachin, tomb of Alexander VII, and the many other gorgeous embellishments which adorned the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica.
At the end of the Vatican tour, the guide will take you to a typical Roman “Trattoria” restaurant to enjoy some of the most delicious Roman dishes. After the lunch break, reach Navona square where the last part of the tour begins; explore one of the most iconic and beautiful squares of Rome, walk inside the Eternal Pantheon and finally throw your coin in the Trevi fountain in order to assure your future return to Rome!
- Skip the line admission tickets for all attractions
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Pick-up from accommodation and transfers with comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- 2 course lunch in traditional Roman restaurant
- Transfer back to accommodation
- Extra food and drinks
- Children (0-5): free
- Children (6-14): reduced
Hotel pick-up is included; please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum
- The tour operator is not responsible for last-minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are a minimum of 8 people in the group
- Dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- From Monday to Saturday
- Pick-up time: 8:15 am
Rome is one of the world’s most beautiful cities of the world, and there’s no experience quite like ...
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive...
With this bus pass and high-speed train package, you can reach Venice from the centre of Rome and ex...
After being picked up from your hotel you'll leave the center of Rome and drive north with your priv...
Discover the most beautiful hidden spots of Villa Borghese and explore this amazing park from a diff...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
For Dan Brown fans - but not only - this guided tour is designed to help you learn about the secrets...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
On your private evening tour experience the energy and excitement of Italy's capital city, while rid...
You will meet your personal Chef in the morning at his place near the Colosseum to start a wonderful...