Colosseum underground tour with Arena Floor, Second Tier and Roman Forum
- Special access to the Colosseum Underground
- Visit of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- See the reconstruction of a section of the arena, roped off to the general public
This Colosseum underground tour will take you to areas of the Colosseo usually closed the public. We’ll also visit all the general access areas visited on regular Colosseum tours, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
Explore the Colosseum's tunnels where gladiators once prepared for fights and where lions and tigers were caged before being hoisted onto the arena floor (only available on guided tours). We’ll also visit all the general access areas visited on regular Colosseum tours, giving you a more rounded view of this ancient structure.
After the Colosseum visit, we’ll head to the Roman Forum and the 'Via Sacra' (Sacred Way) which is the main path through the Forum. It begins at the temple which houses the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated, the moneylenders’ shops and the home of the famous Vestal Virgins. Your guide will provide insights that will bring to life the ruins.
Then, we'll visit the Palatine Hill where you'll learn about the legend of Remus and Romulus who fought for the right to build their own city. You'll explore some of Rome’s oldest ruins, once decadent palaces and gardens as well as some of the most beautiful views in the whole city.
Sometimes, our access to the Colosseum Underground is combined with the access to the Belvedere the 3rd,4th and 5th levels of the Colosseum. This is a special access area usually closed to the public, which when available, we will offer to you at no extra cost. In order for you to fully enjoy it, your guide will spend more time inside the Colosseum and less time in the Forum and Palatine Hill.
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum
- Access to the arena floor, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
Metro stop 'Colosseo', Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Rome
Meet us 15 minutes before departure at the exit of metro stop 'Colosseo' (line B blue) located on Largo Gaetana Agnesi. Arriving by metro, exit the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs within the metro station. At the top of the escalator, go to the right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped 'square', Largo Gaetana Agnesi. Your coordinator will be wearing a blue polo shirt/jacket for easy recognition.
- Please note that the promotion runs from the 07/02/2020 to the 01/03/2020
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs
- This tour is not accessible to guests with weelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- This tour is not accessible to guests with strollers or baby carriages
- In case of last-minute closures of some (or parts) of the venues, you'll be offered an extended tour
- The tour ends at Palatine Hill
- Small groups of 24 people or less
- Every day
- Departure time varies depending on season
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert prof...
This tour for small groups allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican following the explan...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts and Catacombs tour that will take you to expl...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Take a comprehensive tour of the Vatican City and benefit from the expertise of an art historian gui...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
Visit the Colosseum and the underground levels of San Clemente Basilica with a child-friendly guide!...
Rome is the city with the largest number of obelisks in the world: discover some of the most importa...
The cost of the ticket is 8 euros. The price listed in the calendar includes pre-sale and operating ...