Guided tour of Colosseum Gladiator's Gate and Arena Floor, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy a full skip-the-line tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with an expert local guide
- Enter the Arena floor of the Colosseum and walk the ground where gladiators and lions once battled
- Avoid long lines and enter the Colosseum through the no-wait Gladiator's Gate
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip-the-line group entrance. See it like the gladiators did as you and your expert guide will avoid any lines and will enter through the side gate, once used by warriors entering the ring. From there you’ll have special access to the Arena floor, where you’ll learn the blood-drenched stories of horror and heroism that took place right where you’re standing. Afterwards, you’ll head out for a comprehensive tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that will bring Ancient Rome to life.
Step off the tourist track in the Colosseum and get a gladiator’s perspective by using their special entrance and stepping onto the Arena floor which is usually off-limits. You can’t get closer to the action than this. The Arena floor is where people actually fought and died in the Colosseum. While most visitors only ever see it from the stands, you’ll bypass the long, general entrance lines and step directly onto it via the special Gladiator’s Gate. As you marvel at the great amphitheater around you, your expert guide will tell stories to transport you back to nearly 2,000 years ago, when vicious blood sports were the most popular form of entertainment in Rome. During your tour, you’ll also explore the rest of the Colosseum including the first floor and Roman Forum overlook.
Then, you’ll head into the Roman Forum and the Palatine hill to learn the wider history of Imperial Rome. Through the stories and anecdotes of your expert guide, the ruins will come to life and you’ll have no problem imagining the heyday of this incredible civilization. Our fully licensed expert guides, instead of giving you a boring history lesson, will catapult you into the epic history of Rome and allow you to relive it with them, one step at a time.
- Arena Floor
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- No-wait entrance to the Colosseum via the Gladiator's Gate
- Skip-the-line access at the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Expert licensed tour guides
- Headsets for every guest
- Groups of 25 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
Via delle Terme di Tito 72, Rome, Italy
Outside of Oppio Caffè located on Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum).
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Please select a specific date to see the time option
- Morning tours at 8.30am, 9.00am, 10.00am
- Afternoon tours at 1.30pm, 3.15pm
Explore not just the Colosseum, but all the major sites of Ancient Rome on this small group tour; pr...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts and Catacombs tour that will take you to expl...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
Rome is a city that has built and rebuilt upon itself for thousands of years. Our Crypts, Bones & Ca...
This tour for small groups (maximum 15 people) allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican ...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Take a comprehensive tour of the Vatican City and benefit from the expertise of an art historian gui...
Enjoy a 6-hour bike tour along the ancient Appian Way and discover Rome's highlights including the C...