Imperial highlights half-day small-group tour
- Learn the story of the Roman Empire at the imperial monuments of Rome
- Go up Palatine Hill to hear stories of the temples to Roman emperors
- See the Circus Maximus from the main terrace of Palatine Hill
- Marvel at the greatest amphitheater of the Roman Empire at the Colosseum
Discover the main monuments of the Roman Empire in Rome on a 3-hour small-group tour of the imperial city. Bring history to life at landmark sights, such as the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Enjoy panoramic views from one of the 7 hills of Rome.
Learn the story of one of the world’s great empires on a 3-hour tour of Rome, and travel back to the days of the Roman Republic at the city’s main imperial monuments.
Meet your guide by the Colosseum to start your tour at the Flavian amphitheater, commissioned by Emperor Vespasian in 72 AD, and inaugurated by his son Titus in 80 AD. Your guide will bring history to life, telling stories of the ferocious battles between man and beast put on for the Roman citizens.
Next, follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors on a walk through the Imperial Forum, and learn how it was once the center of all religious, political and commercial life in Rome. Hear the history of the Temple of Concord and Temple of Saturn and Vesta, and learn about the Tabularium, an impressive temple to Antoninus and Faustina.
Ascend Palatine Hill, one of the 7 Hills of Rome, where Augustus moved his sumptuous villa in 44BC. Hear how the Temple of Victory was used to house Cybele's sacred stone between 204 BC and 191 BC, and learn about the Temple of Jupiter Stator, founded by Romulus after a battle with the Sabines.
Go to the main terrace of Palatine Hill for a full insight into the Maximum Circus, where the legendary chariot races of the Roman Republic were held.
- 3-hour guided tour
- A professional and licensed guide
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Headsets to be able to hear your guide at all times
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Infants (0-5 years): free
- Children (6-17 years): reduced
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Meet your guide by the Arch of Constantine. From Colosseo Metro Station, look across the street and you will see the Arch of Constantine. Your guide will be on the right-hand side of the arch. From Via di San Gregorio, walk towards the Arch of Constantine, keeping to the left-hand side of the arch
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside the monuments
- This service can be canceled up to 48 hours prior to tour departure. Failing to do so will incur full charge
- All languages starts at 9.00am
Enjoy the best panoramic views of Rome from its hills: the Aventine Hill, the Janiculum, the Capitol...
Get ready for a bike tour along the ancient Appian Way to discover the wonders surrounding it: from ...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...
This is the ideal tour for “hit and run” visitors that are willing to cover all of Rome's highlights...
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive...
After being picked up from your hotel you'll leave the center of Rome and drive north with your priv...