Pompeii and Amalfi coast day trip from Rome
- Explore Pompeii with an expert guide
- Enjoy a panoramic tour by car across the Amalfi coast
- Use your spare time to discover Positano
Experience the wonders of ancient Pompeii with an expert guide, then travel down the beautiful Amalfi coast to Positano on this day trip from Rome. Your itinerary:
- Meet your small group and tour co-ordinator in Rome. Board the minibus and head south to Pompeii
- Meet your expert local tour guide in Pompeii and enter the site without delay (2.5hr tour)
- Discover the key sites such as the Roman forum, the Temple of Venus and the world-famous death casts
- Benefit from the insights of a genuine archaeologist as you explore private family homes, fast food stalls and even a brothel (if appropriate)
- After Pompeii, accompany your guide on a scenic drive along the Amalfi coast, stopping at the picturesque pastel-coloured town of Positano
- Free time for lunch (with recommendations) and to shop among the winding streets
- Return to Rome by minibus
- Round-trip transport from Rome
- Expert Pompeii local tour guide
- Tour Leader from Rome who will be with you all-day
- Express entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Small groups of 18 people or fewer
- Free time in Positano / Amalfi town (lunch not included)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
Piazzale Flaminio, 5/6, 00196 Rome RM, Italy
This tour meets in front of Caffè Vergnano 1882 at Piazzale Flaminio n. 5/6, next door to Intesa San Paolo bank. Piazzale Flaminio is a centrally located square (just outside the arches of Piazza del Popolo), served by the Metro A. The closest Metro / Underground stop is Flaminio - Piazza del Popolo.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping
- Please note that the order of sites visited is subject to changes
- In the winter months, we might replace Positano with Amalfi town, as more shops and restaurants are open there during this time
- Meeting time: 7.00am
- Departure time: 7.15am
Join this amazing journey through space and time in Pompeii, a unique document of Greco-Roman life. ...
When the sun sets on Rome, another part of the city comes to life... an older and more mysterious Ro...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Be enchanted by the beauty of Reggia di Caserta, the XVIII century Borboni Royal Palace. In a group ...
Walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors and citizens on a two hours and a half tour of Ancient Rome,...
Let the Eternal City enchant you as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and dis...
Enjoy a day away from the hustle of the city and join this 7.5-hour day trip out of Rome to discover...
Explore a secret, subterranean world beneath the streets of Rome on a 3-hour guided, walking tour. E...
Rome Private Segway Tour lets you see the very best of what this fascinating city has to offer. With...