Small-group tour of the hidden masterpieces of Rome
- Take an afternoon off from the typical tourist attractions and discover Rome's hidden masterpieces
- Visit Galleria Spada and admire the Borromini's world-famous Galleria Prospettica
- Enter the gothic church Santa Maria sopra la Minerva, where you'll see the legendary Standing Christ statue by Michelangelo
Join a delightful walking tour of the eternal city and stroll through the Roman squares and away from the crowds. In the course of only three hours, you'll get to discover and learn all about the hidden masterpieces of Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Borromini, Raphael and many more.
Michelangelo and all the other great artists who created in Rome left many masterpieces in tiny palaces, secluded churches, and huge squares. This experience will help you find them all. Let your guide take you to Galleria Spada where you'll have the chance to admire the world-famous Galleria Prospettica, built by the architect Borromini. This unusual corridor seems to be wide and long but, once you get closer, you'll see that there's more to it than meets the eye. Walking a little further, you'll then enter the gothic church Santa Maria sopra la Minerva, where you'll see the legendary statue of the Standing Christ by Michelangelo. Next, nearby Piazza Navona, some breathtaking paintings by Caravaggio will change your perception of light and darkness, and you'll encounter authentic pieces by Raphael, located in the Chigi headquarter church. Take an afternoon off from the typical tourist attractions and experience Rome at its best in front of its most hidden masterpieces with the heart of the city town as a background.
- Entrance tickets to Galleria Spada
- Professional guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from and to your hotel (inside the city center)
- Children (4-8): reduced
- Infants (0-3): free
You'll be picked up from your hotel in central Rome.
- Please remember that the entrance to the Churches requires appropriate clothing: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Please note: pick up is only available from hotels located inside the center of Rome
- Every day except Tuesday and on religious holidays
- Starting time at 2.30pm
- Pick-up between 1.45pm and 2.00pm
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
The purpose of this City Sightseeing Rome tour is to connect the most important sites of the city ce...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip-the-line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...