Tour of Pompei and Sorrento from Rome with lunch
- Walk through the ruins of the Forum of Pompei and visit the enchanting Villa of the Mysteries with its incredible frescoes
- Enjoy a beautiful drive along the Gulf of Naples to Sorrento
- Explore the picturesque village and taste some delicious limoncello
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive along the roads of the Tyrrhenian coast.
Once you get to Pompeii, a private art historian guide will help you discover what is considered Europe's most important archaeological site. This Unesco World Heritage site was once a seaside resort and party-town for ancient Romans until the Vesuvius erupted on April day in 79 AD, burying the city, seaside and surrounding the whole area in volcanic ash. Pompeii’s artifacts and remaining frescoes, mosaics, and structures give us an incredible insight into what life was like during the late Republic and early Roman Empire.
Once your tour of Pompei is over you'll get back on your airconditioned vehicle for an hour-long drive along the beautiful gulf of Naples. Once you've arrived in Sorrento you'll have some free time to explore or have lunch. The driver and tour assistant will be happy to suggest some of the best and most well-known restaurants in the area. Sorrento is a small picturesque town, known for its colored buildings, its high-quality handcrafted products and its spectacular views across the bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius. At the end of the day, the driver will take you to a bar to enjoy a delicious limoncello tasting with local pastries.
- Skip-the-line tickets for Pompeii
- Private tour guide for the Pompeii walking tour (2 hours)
- Private English-speaking driver with luxury transportation
- Round-trip transfers from Rome to Pompeii and Sorrento and back
- Tour assistant
- Limoncello tasting with local pastries
- Lunch or snacks
- Children (6-14): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Hotel pick-up is included; please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- The driver will meet you at the agreed-upon location and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair-accessible
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking
- The tour operator is not responsible for last-minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time
Every day at 7:20 am.
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic ...
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Take a walk on the creepy side thanks to this fascinating tour of Rome’s spookiest locations. Togeth...
Friday 24 January 2020 - Illuminati Circle Special Guest AVA [Capoplaza official dj] TICKET 10 € In ...