Vatican tour with climb to St. Peter's Dome
- Climb up St. Peter's Dome and enjoy the breathtaking view of Rome
- Explore the Basilica, a triumph of art and architecture
- Skip the line and enjoy a guided tour of the immense collection of the Vatican Museums
Join this guided tour of Rome's incredible art and architecture and enjoy the view of the city from the summit of Michelangelo's magnificent dome.
Meet your art historian guide in St. Peter's Square and stroll across the piazza into the Vatican City, where your climb to the top of the dome begins: 551 steep steps in total – which is a bit more than most wish to tackle on foot – but you'll get to take the elevator for part of the way up. Climb at a leisurely pace and enjoy the journey with frequent stops. At the summit, you'll get to take in the breathtaking 360° view of the Vatican City as it extends out into Rome and its seven hills. You can take as many photographs as you want of this once-in-a-lifetime view.
Once you're back down you'll take a brief break before entering St. Peter's Basilica, an absolute triumph of art and architecture unmatched anywhere else in the world. This is where Bernini's sculptures and Michelangelo's art rise above papal tombs.
At 11.30am you will regroup at the meeting point to begin the last part of your experience: a skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel with an English speaking art historian guide.
- Comprehensive tour of St. Peter's Basilica
- Priority skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Licensed Vatican tour guide
- Vatican Museums tour
- Sistine Chapel tour
- Food and drinks
- Infant (0-5 years): free
- Children (6-17 years): reduced
Via di Porta Angelica, 28, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
- Please note: this is a two-part tour
First part of the tour:
- Meet at 7.45am for a prompt 8.00am departure by the Tiare fountain (Fontana delle Tiare), just beneath Largo del Colonnato and in front of the pillars which run around Saint Peter's Square. Your guide will be holding a "When in Rome Tours "sign. If you are facing St. Peter's Basilica, follow the pillars to the right until you come to the fountain
Second part of the tour:
- Meet at 11.00am for an 11.30am departure from When in Rome Tours Office, Via Sebastiano Veniero 21
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8.00am
Once you've been picked up from your accommodation, you'll head straight for the Colosseum, skipping...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
Enjoy a tour of the Vatican Museums highlights! Your guide will lead you directly past the queues st...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Welcome To Rome is a fascinating and surprising show spread over 5 rooms and dedicated to Rome: you ...
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing jour...
Your discovery of Rome's ancient history will start with you riding a comfortable trekking bike, gui...
Join in this pizza-making cooking class which summarizes the whole tradition of Italian pizza master...