Ticket to Duomo and Museum of Sacred Art with audio guide
- Visit the inside of the splendid Duomo together with the Museum of Sacred Art with a single ticket
- Admire the frescoes that tell the stories of the New and the Old Testament painted by illustrious painters
- Take advantage of the audio guide included in the ticket to discover the masterpieces of the Duomo
The Museum of Sacred Art of San Gimignano is located in the ancient Dormitory of the Chaplains and holds works from the Collegiata, better known as the Duomo. The museum was established in 1915 at the behest of Cardinal Alessandro Lualdi to enhance and promote knowledge of the historical and artistic heritage of the Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta and the territory of San Gimignano. The Museum is located on two floors and inside it is the particularly noteworthy and splendid painting on wood by Bartolo di Fredi depicting the Madonna della Rosa.
Visitors will have access to an audio guide that will accompany them through the masterpieces of the Museum of Sacred Art and the Duomo which presents a cycle of frescoes dedicated to the stories of the Old Testament (found at the entrance on the right), and those of the New Testament (on the opposite wall) as well as the chapel of Santa Fina, a jewel of the Renaissance.
- Entrance to the Cathedral of San Gimignano
- Entrance to the Museum of Sacred Art
- Audio guide
University students, children from 6-17 years of age
- Children under 6 years of age
- San Gimignano resident
- Certified journalists
- Disabled visitors and a caretaker
Piazza Duomo, 2, 53037 San Gimignano SI
- The audio guide is available in English, Italian, French, Spanish, German and Russian
- The ticket is valid for one day
- NB: Reductions and gratuities are subject to presentation at the ticket offices of documents and/or attestations proving the applicant's right to reduced price
- Remember to wear appropriate clothing for access to the Duomo. Shoulders and knees must be covered
Opening hours from 1 April to 31 October:
- Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 7.30pm (last admission bookable at 7.00pm)
Saturday from 10.00am to 5.30pm (last admission bookable at 5.00pm)
Sunday from 12.30pm to 7.30pm
Opening hours from 1 November to 31 March:
- Monday to Saturday from 10.00am to 5.00pm (last admission bookable at 4.30pm)
- Sunday from 12.30pm to 5.00pm (last admission bookable at 4.30pm)
Schedules can also change suddenly for activities related to the liturgy
Closing days: 15-31 January, 12 March, 15-30 November and 25 December
The Cathedral of Siena has such a vast selection of things to see and appreciate, each with incredib...
The beautiful city of Siena in Tuscany is where you find the great Cathedral of Siena, an impressive...
The Chianti Sculpture Park is located in Tuscany about 7 miles north of Siena. Over a mystical woode...
The Santa Maria della Scala complex is one of the oldest hospitals in Europe, now a museum. Built al...
La Sinagoga di Siena, situata a pochi passi da piazza del Campo, venne progettata dall'architetto Za...
Join the Official Duomo Tour and avoid the long line by entering the Cathedral through a dedicated e...
Welcome to Palazzo Pitti! Choose to have a courtly experience with this group tour and discover the ...
Discover two thousand years of history of the cradle of the Renaissance through the eyes of an exper...
Visit the fascinating Leonardo da Vinci Museum combined with your 24 or 48-hour Florence City Sights...
The first ever, original and most popular Cooking Class in Florence! Meet one of our famous and char...