Kickstart your Japanese adventure and cruise through the local neighbourhoods of Tokyo on a classic 'steel' road bike, handcrafted by a Japanese master frame-builder! Sought by collectors and bicycle connoisseurs throughout the globe, nothing compares to gracing the streets on the saddle of a vintage Chromoly bike that's been accurately forged with Japanese precision and beauty. Whizz through the local backstreets, sidewalks and riverside cycling trails on this Tokyo-vintage bike tour where you will see areas such as Nakano, Suginami, Musashino, Mitaka and the inner west side of this bustling city.
Tokyo West-side Classic Road Bike Tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Do this because
- Experience life in the streets of Tokyo on a vintage Japanese road bike.
- Ride the backstreets and riverside bike paths on Tokyo's eclectic west side.
- Cycle eclectic parts of Tokyo missed by most visitors and escape the tourist crowds
What to expect
- A handcrafted Japanese Chromoly road bike or comfortable cruiser style bicycle.
- Bottled drink of your choice.
- Helmet (usage optional).
What's not included
- Public transport
- Discretionary spending
- ¥140 JR train ticket from Nakano to Koenji
Please meet at JR Koenji Station exit.
What to remember
- At the time of booking please remember to select at least 2 seats, either 2 adults or 1 child 1 adult to finalize the booking
- For this tour, you must be competent on a performance road bike, equipped with drop handlebars and downtube shifters, in often tight, crowded and challenging conditions
- be able to comfortably cycle 20 km+ / 13 mi+ at a safe but moderate pace on crowded sidewalks, roads, uneven surfaces and through often testing conditions.
- Backpacks and other items can be stored safely at the secure bike garage if you don’t wish to carry them along for the ride
- The minimum age requirement for this road bike tour is 16 years old
- City cruiser-style bicycles, that seat riders in a more ergonomic position, are available for those not comfortable or competent on a road bike.
- This is an outdoor activity that may be impacted by the weather. In the event of rain or wet and slippery conditions, the experience may be canceled.
- Tour begins at 9.00 am or 2.00 pm
DIG Tokyo Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.