Viennese Art at Leopold Museum private guided tour
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
- Avoid the ticket line and walk right in to spend more time with the art
- Surround each work with your small group - experience the art together
Discover the incredible collection of the Leopold Museum with a personal art guide leading the way on this private tour. The Leopold Museum in the Museum Quarter has a unique collection of the most insightful, deep and scandalous masterpieces of the Viennese Modernist movement as well as Austrian Expressionism. Since the turn of the 20th century, artists in Vienna started to use their works as a medium of self-expression and self-exploration to an increasing extent. This art tour is designed to reveal historic, scientific and biographical factors which defined the way art was created in Vienna and it also introduces different ways art has been approached since the beginning of the 20th century.
These highlights you can look forward to:
- The last canvas from Gustav Klimt’s golden period Life and Death: symbolism and links to the Vienna School of Medicine
- Egon Schiele's Seated Male Nude and a controversy of erotic images
- Two self-portraits of Richard Gerstl as a documentary of a passionate and unhappily broken off love and a manifestation of the spirit of the age
- Private tour
- Skip-the-line tickets
Youth (15-18 years)
Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Wien, Austria
Please come punctually to the meeting point in front of the Museums main entrance. There is a huge staircase leading to the entrance door. Your guide will be waiting for you at its bottom.
- Minimum age of participants: 15 years
- Please check the calendar for availability and times
The three-hour flat terrain bike ride takes you to the most famous sights surrounding the Old Town. ...
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
Are you ready to experience a night out in Vienna like a local? If so, prepare to have a blast!You w...
Join a private tour lead by an art historian guide and visit a museum which is home to one of the gr...
Have the privilege to explore Vienna in style during a tour with an electric vintage car, including ...
The German name for Vienna is Wien. Rearrange that and you get wine. Need I go on? If so, then consi...